chapter 11

My Demons

“We will find King” Natsu says to a crying Wendy. “What if he doesn't come back to us, even if we find him” Wendy says. “he will come back he loves you” Natsu says. “How will we find him" Wendy asks.

“You may be the key to finding him" Erza says. “You are the closest to him, you know his sent” she says. “my smelling sense isn't as strong as Natsu" Wendy says. “Wendy you know him the best it wouldn't hurt to try" Erza says. Wendy lifts her head. She could find get a faint scent in the air but it wasn't enough. “Focus on his scent it should come to you" Natsu says. The wind starts picking up and more of his scent floods her nostrils. “I have his sent" she says. Natsu, Erza, Wendy, Lucy, Grey take off in the direction the scent takes them.

In Acnologia’s lair

“We need to act fast, they will be after you soon" Acnologia says. “they will get here soon, and when they get here we will be ready” he says. King is walking around the cave setting up the traps.

Kings POV

“Okay there's a trap there” king says to himself making a mental note. He is making notes so he can tell his friends. I will not let them get hurt. All of a sudden the magic cage glows and shocks me. I feel myself pass out.

Wendy's POV

I was riding on the wagon that Erza pulled. I didn't feel like doing anything.I felt horrible. I know king begged me to attack him, but it hurt me to. I will never attack him again and I wouldn't let my friends hurt him either. I will get my king back no matter the cost. I jumped off the wagon and quickened the pace. I had to get to him.

Third person POV (team Natsu)

“Wendy is really pushing herself hard” Lucy says as she struggles to keep up. “guys i need to rest for a minute” Lucy says as her chest starts to heave for air. The group stops. Wendy turns around. “Come on Lucy it's not much further” Wendy says in aggravation. “sorry Wendy I just need a minute” Lucy says as she sits down on the ground. “Well call one of your spirits to carry you" Wendy says trying to hold her tongue. “I promise I'll be up in a little bit" Lucy says. “fine stay there I'm gonna go ahead since I care about King, the rest of you don't seem to care" Wendy screams as she storms off.

“I'll talk to her” Natsu says. He chases after her. “Wendy wait" he yells. Wendy stops but doesn't turn around. “Hey Wendy we do care" Natsu says as he gets up to her. She turns around and is crying. “I'm sorry Natsu I don't mean it, I'm just worried" she says as she falls into his chest. Natsu wraps her in a hug. “We know” Natsu says. They both walk back to the group. Wendy still has tears flowing down her face. “I'm sorry Lucy, I'm sorry everyone, I didn't mean what I said” Wendy says. Lucy rushes over to her. She hugs Lucy tightly. “We know, we are worried to" Lucy says. The whole group hugs Wendy.

“it'll be okay dear” Erza says as they all sit with Wendy. “We will find him, you just need to rest” Erza says. Erza pulls out a small sleeping bag for Wendy. “Here we all need to rest for the night anyway" she says as she lays the bag down. Wendy lays on the bag and falls asleep instantly. They start a campfire to keep them warm overnight.

“Erza what will we do if King doesn't change back" Grey asks. “We will have to end this if he doesn't, I know Wendy would never forgive us but what has to be done will be done, if it comes to that" Erza says. Everyone nodded in agreement. “Don’t tell Wendy she will try to stop us if she knows” Erza says. “Her love for king will cloud her judgement” she says as she pokes at the fire. “it will not be a pleasant experience for any of us" Erza says. Everyone says “yea”. “Now everyone sleep, we will be at Acnologia’s cave by noon” she says.