Chapter Six.

Jade

"C'mon J, let me go!" Jess whisper-yelled at me and tried getting out of my strong grip.

"No, remember the last time you went to a party? Mom nearly clawed your head off." I remind her, my voice strong too.

"Yeah well i won't do the same bullshit as last time and i won't get caught if i do." She yanked her arm out of mine and went to the sitting room. Her Jeep car keys were on the table.

I ran as quickly as I could and grabbed them before her. "No, you're not going." I told her, empathising the not.

"You're not my mother Jade. Now give me the car keys." My sister was one tough headed girl.

"No! You're staying and thats it." I ran up the stairs and I could hear her footsteps behind me. She yanked my arm as i was about to get on the last step of the stairs and I tumbled down. My head hit the floor but I was still conscious and okay. It only hurt a little.

"J! I'm so so so sorry." She repeated multiple times coming down to check on me. She rushed to the kitchen and came back with a pack of ice. She took a dish cloth and wrapped the pack of ice and put it on the side of my head.

Momentarily, I let go of the car keys in my hand and reached up to my head. We spend a few seconds being quiet but i heard the sound of car keys jiggling.

"Jessica!" I yelled as she took them and rushed to the door.

I heard a faint, "I'm sorry lil sis" before she opened the door and left. All i could hear before the sound of my cries was a loud bang; one belonged to the house door and the other to the car outside. The sound of my cries filled the house along with the screeching tires outside.

"Jess come back!" I yelled, crying to myself alone in the house.

"No! Come back here! Jess!!"

"Jade, Jade wake up!" I woke up to my mom shaking me out of my sleep.

No words left my mouth as I pulled her closer and hugged her tightly.

"Its okay baby, it was just a nightmare." She cood. I haven't had these for a year and a half now, I don't know why they'd come back now.

Revealing the truth to myself, "I miss her so much mom, so much."

"I know my darling, it's all gonna be okay." She lay down with me and those were the last words I heard before going back to bed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My alarm rang and I woke up alone in my bed. It was still warm where my mom was sleeping with me and I could smell pancakes from downstairs. I got up and walked straight to my bathroom and splashed myself with cold water.

I walked down the stairs to find my mom still in her pyjamas, preparing breakfast.

"You know you don't have to be up for another hour right?" She asked cautiously as she watched me walk to the fridge and get a bottle of water.

"I'm not sleepy anymore." I simply replied as i walk towards the stairs. I paused as she called my name.

"You wanna talk about what happened last night?" I shook my head no and went back upstairs to take a shower.