/may i have this dance?/

Naruto's POV

Sasuke now had his head down, muttering something about dog-breath, which I figured was Kiba. I attempted to grab his hand and hold it to calm him down but he only tensed up and harshly jerked away from me.

What did I do wrong? I huffed and laid my head on Sasuke's arm. He sighed and didn't move, so I figured it was okay.

•Later, at their place.•

Sasuke and I both decided to meet up at our place and get ready, and our dates would meet us there. Kiba was the first to show up. Sasuke stared at him intensely and Kiba quickly got up, saying he needed to use the bathroom.

Another knock on the door about fifteen minutes later.

"Sasuke, is that your date?"I asked.

Sasuke smirked and opened the door.

"Ino?" I yelled, turning around to face Sasuke.

"Hey, Sasuke," she said, taking a step forward towards the house.

"No, you can wait outside," I said before slamming the door in her face. I looked at Sasuke.

"Are you ready to go, or what?"

He nodded, still smirking. We all packed into the car and left. Sasuke was holding back a smile the entire time.

As we got there, I expected him to help me out of the car, but he took Ino's hand and went inside.

I stared in disbelief as Kiba began trying to help me.

We went inside, and I immediately scanned the area for Sasuke. Of course, girls on top of girls were piled up around him. I rolled my eyes.
Kiba looked at me, holding out his hand for a dance. I took it and we headed to the middle of the floor.

A slow song began to play, and Sasuke and I had already promised awhile back that we'd be each other's first slow dance.

"I can't," I said, shaking my head.

Just then, Sasuke pulled a girl up to the dance floor. He didn't touch her, but she was slow dancing, and it seemed as if he was about to join, judging by the way he was smirking at her.

I ran off, tears threatening to spill. I sat on a curb far off down the street, and heard Kiba calling my name. I hid behind the trees on the side of the road, sniffling.

"I know you're there, Naruto."

"Fine," I said, coming out from behind the trees.

"But I promised Sasuke-"

"Promised me what?"

I looked up to see Sasuke standing there, not Kiba. I huffed, turned around, and crossed my arms. Music began to play and I looked back at Sasuke to see him holding a phone playing our favorite song.

He held a hand out to me.

"I can promise you, I had no intention of dancing with that girl. May I have your first dance?"

I fought back a smile.

"Why should I?"

"I love you."

My eyes went wide, as I stared at his non-wavering face. I took his hand.

"I.. I love you too."

We danced that night, in the middle of the street, the stars and streetlights illuminating the shadows, and it couldn't have been better.

But little did we know, we weren't alone.