How Clace met

*Flashback to preschool*

Clary's POV

Okay it maybe the first year of school and I am already sick of school, it can go die in a hole. School has been in session for a few weeks and I already get bullied for having red untamable hair and big green eyes. I also get bullied for my height, I get called 'shorty' or 'midget' all the time. We also already have 'populates' so does my brothers Kindergarten class (1 grade ahead). In my class we have Kaelie and her group along with the team players. I guess they learn from a young age. My class is at recess and Kaelie and her group are coming up to me so I start casually walking closer to the teacher watching the kids, but yet they suck because I get thrown all around and they don't notice. "Hey strawberry shortcake!" 'Dang it' i mentally cures and I slowly turn around Kaelie motions to someone and the team players as we call them comes over. I start to get scared I had to miss half of last week due to a concussion they gave me. I look over at their 'second in command' because their leader is still on VK. His name is Sebastian and he walks over to me and Kaelie and said to Kaelie " Baby is this midget bothering you?" She faked a frown and tears and looked down and said "Yes she is she called me the B word." I swear I will kill that girl. Sebastian looks at me and his gang comes to me and they pin my to the side of the school out of the teachers hearing and sight. Then Sebastian comes to me and grabs my throat and I can't breathe and I start struggling he just smiles an evil smile and punches me in the lung and the air was kicked out of me and I couldn't breathe. That is till a kid with golden hair and beautiful golden eyes comes outside, if I didn't know better I'd say he was a team player. That was he looked over to the group around me and saw me and his eyes bulged out of his head.

Jace's POV

I came outside for recess because I finally finished my class work. I wonder if that red head in my class will be out here? I hear shouting and I look over to see a group and in the middle of that group was a little red head being choked. What the heck why is she being choked by the team players!? And why is Kaelie fake crying? I marched up to the group and pulled Sebastian away from my Clary. I don't know why but I fell like I have to protect her. "What the hell Jace!?" He shouted at me but I just yelled at him to leave her alone "Sebastian just leave her alone!!" He laughed with no humor and shook his head and walked away with Kaelie under his arm looking back at me and smiling a devilish grin. But I just shrugged it off as I ran to Clary's side as she was trying to get her breath back and now had a purple hand mark on her neck from where Sebastian choked her. Anger gummed up inside me. But that passed when she looked up at me with her beautiful green eyes. 'God I just want to kiss her and for her to be mine so I can protect her!' She looks me deep in the eyes and smiled that smile made me melt and I gave her my hand and she took it and I helped pull her up but I saw her stomach where her shirt lifted and I saw black and blue from Sebastian. Maybe I can start by being close to her. I just need to be close to her. She makes me a better person just by looking at me even is she doesn't know it. But I will work my way up with her. "I am Jace do you want to be friends?" This is it will she give me the part of me that I need to live. Her. She smiled and nodded "Best Friends." I couldn't be more happy being in the friend zone but I will ask her to be mine one day either my girlfriend or in the very late future my wife. I want to spend the rest of my life with her. And I won't give up on her.

*End of flash back*