Beggining

Clary's POV

"Jace what the hell do you think you are doing" I yell at Jace who is hanging upside down on a tree in his backyard. He looks over at me and smiled. "What does it look like I am doing? I am hanging out with my bestest best friend while hanging upside down in a tree." I gave him a look that screamed 'No shit Sherlock' he has mastered my looks and I his. I guess that is what happens when you have had a best friend since as long as you can remember. "Jace, Clary dinner is ready come and eat." Jace jumped down and sneaked a hand on my waist and picked me up over his shoulder and ran into his house with me cursing at him to let me down. "Hey there are children present" he sets me down but still has a strong arm around my waist and has his other hand pointing to his little brother Will. Will is 9 years old and loves me like loves me and sometimes Jace seems a little mad or even 'jealous'! Could Jace like me? I don't know I will have to investigate but right now we are all going to eat dinner and go to bed here because my parents are out of town for their friend Luke's wedding. And Johnathan is at his friends Sebastian's house.

After dinner we are all in bed and asleep and I am laying with Jace because you know best friends since birth. I am woken with Jace mumbling my name over and over. He then takes his hand and it starts wondering around the bed until he finds my waist and pulls me closer to him. He sniffs my hair and he relaxes and melts into my body mumbling "You are safe. I will never let you go again. I lo..." I couldn't hear the last part because he zoned off. And I fell asleep in Jace's arms like old times.