Obsidian

My back slid down the door as I heard Johnny run after me and start slamming on it, screaming my name in the process. I buried my face in my hands and cried harder than before, letting the anvil on my chest finally crush me. Letting the pain of my actions finally consume.

The tears and the dry sobbing stopped after what felt like a lifetime later, I lifted my head from my hands. My back was no longer up against my little brothers bedroom door, but up against a red one. I was not in the upstairs of my home anymore, but in a room filled with blinding white walls, except this time there was a new addition: an obsidian colored door with a gold handle. I stood up, upset and angry at the demons that had brought me here. I walked to the center of the room, and faced the red doors, yelling for them to hear me. They're just doors Case, it's not like they can say anything back to you, you do realize that right?

"Not another fucking door, you bitch!" I screamed, pulling on my hair. I ignored my thoughts, trying my best to be as loud as possible to get the creepy little girl to come back. I knew she had to be controlling all of this now, especially after what Johnny had said. I continued to yell and started pounding on the nearest red door. "I won't fucking go in it, you hear me?!"

All of the energy I had worked up had started to fade out of me. I began to feel weak and pathetic. No one was going to hear me. No one was going to come save me or stop all of this from happening or tell me what the hell is behind that dark door. I can't go in it, I can't do it. I don't think I can handle finding out what's behind it.

"I won't open that door." I mumbled, sounding completely defeated.

"Oh but you must." I whipped my head around to see the same awful girl out of a horror movie standing in front of me. Her wicked dark eyes staring into my soul — or what I had left of one.

"It's you, you fucking psychopath! I won't go in another one of your twisted doors!" I screamed getting closer to her. "I've had enough of your games! Just send me to hell already! You've basically sent me there after forcing me to witness what I just did!" Then suddenly right before my eyes, she morphed into the beautiful blonde woman. My mouth dropped as I stood there completely shocked.

"Oh honey, but games are so much fun, why don't you want to play with us?" She pouted. She began to close the gap between us and stared to circle me. My body stiffened as I felt her lightly play with my hair. I turned around to face her and was met with another.

"Babe, what's wrong? You used to love when I played with your hair." James said with a foul grin. The nerves started eating at me, I felt like I was going insane. How is she doing this? Is it possible they were never really there, that this was all her? This awfully scary little girl? She has to be something straight out of hell. No — I know she is. This is what I deserve, this is what I get for what I did. My thoughts were overwhelming, all I wanted was for this to finally be over, but I wasn't so sure if that was possible anymore.

"Oh would you look at that dear! Our little baby is getting scared!" My "mother" laughed and leaned into my "father." Was there more than one of these demons chasing me?

"Wh-what's going? How are you doing this?"

"Don't play stupid Casey, you did this to yourself remember?" Kristie barked at me.

"Wh-what's behind the-the door? Am-am I going to hell?" I quivered with fear as the faces of the multiple doors twisted around me.

"You'll see." The small devil said in a raspy voice as she transformed back into her true form. My head was spinning from all the different horrors I had just seen before I could even process what has just happened. A wicked smile flashed across her face, as she began to laugh. She opened the door and pushed me inside before I could even try to stop her as her laughter continued to fill the room. I don't think I ever screamed louder as I fell backwards into darkness, grasping at the air as if had something for me to hold onto.

My chest was moving up and down faster than ever. My heart was beating more rapidly than before. My legs we're moving and I wasn't telling them to. What was going on?

———————————————————————
Authors Note:

okay so the reason for all of this has to do with the fact that I took a mythology course a while ago and we talked about suicide so in relation to that and this story, those who kill themselves are considered "damned" because they have "sinned" so this is why Casey has been enduring all of this pain! I'm not a religious person so I don't necessarily believe all of that stuff but I'm just going off of what I learned and figured it would work well into the story. also I figured instead of making her go to hell, and spend eternity there, this would be her hell forever. she's forced to wake up from her nightmare and relive each door over and over again!