The Last One

The door creeped open, and unlike the past four doors I unfortunately had to go through, I was not greeted with four white walls. The room was barely lit, and so far there wasn't anything abnormal going on. I looked around to see the shades drawn down, a messy bed with a grey and white comforter, and two white dressers. The spacious room was painted what seemed to be a very light grey, although it was hard to tell with only the slightest bit of sunlight peaking through the bottom of the shades. I walked a little further into the room towards the larger of the two dressers. I noticed some items laid on it: two picture frames, a white and silver lamp, a small jewelry box and a magazine that was threatening to fall off the edge of it. I hastily grabbed one of the frames, staring at the picture long enough to notice who it was of.

It was a picture of my parents on their wedding day. The same picture I kept in my room, on the same white dresser, next to the small jewelry box, next to the same fucking lamp, next to another framed picture that was of me and Johnny. I let the picture drop to the floor, it total shock, not caring that the glass just crashed into pieces.

Holy shit. I'm in my room, I'm in my own fucking room! Does this mean I'm free? Does this mean I'm back home for good? Something isn't adding up though, why haven't I woken up? Maybe I'm supposed to get into bed and go back to sleep so that I'll be able to wake up! Yeah that makes sense, that definitely has to be it! Or maybe I should go see if anyone is home? Johnny might still be up, I could talk to him about the scary girl he had also seen. He could still be stuck in this weird dream realm too. I should make sure he's okay! But what if no ones home? What if he's not here? What if I need to go back to sleep in order order to wake up and see him again? What if none of that works?

I continued contemplating my next move, trying to figure out what the best possible idea was, when suddenly I heard a huge banging sound. The sound of my front door slamming open snapped me out of my questioning thoughts, and loud footprints could be heard running up the stairs. Running up the stairs towards my room. I froze, afraid of what was going to come charging into my room in a few moments. This really isn't over, is it?

"Johnny! Where the hell is Casey?"

Kristie? What was she doing here? Why was she screaming at Johnny like that? She never gets like that. I heard my little brother yell from his room across the hall.

"Isn't she just in her room?" He responded in a far away tone. He must have been playing one of his video games again because he didn't seem to pay attention to her at all, nor care about how she yelled at him either.

"Kristie, I'm in here!" I yelled from my room in a bored tone. What the fuck could she want now?

She didn't respond, she just came charging into my room instead. Kristie hurried right past me, heading straight towards the windows, and throwing the shades upwards to let light into the room. She looks panicked and frantic, as if she had been searching a lifetime to find me. I crossed my arms in front of my chest, the same reaction I had to her behind the previous door. She wasn't coming here to ruin my life again, I was going to make sure of it.

"Kristie, what the hell are you doing? I'm right here, what could you possibly want from me now? Where's James huh? Came to rub it in some more that you stole my boyfriend? I'm surprised you didn't take him here to come fuck on my bed." I spat at her. I was beyond angry that she thought it was okay to barge in here. I shouldn't be surprised though, wouldn't be the first time she acted like what was mine was hers too.

She ignored me again and moved to my bed, pushing around the pillows and throwing the comforter over. Was she really expecting to fine me there, when oh I don't know, I'm standing right in front of her? A pained expression was planted across her face as her head shot back towards my bathroom door.