Criminal ch. 3

Sasuke's POV....

Naruto went to wash up after his nightmare leaving me alone. Having nothing to do I kind of just paced around for a while until my eyes landed on a particular picture.

---flashback---

"Naruto hold still!" Sakura protested rubbing her forehead out if annoyance. Naruto froze and giggled sheepishly before obeying. He was such a retard. It was his and Sakura's idea to have a team picture in the first place. Why couldn't he just cooperate? Oh right, because he is him.

"Alright let's just get this over with." Kakashi gave us all that one eyes smile and I sighed. Did I seriously have to go along with this? We could be doing more useful things than this. Stupid Sakura...stupid Naruto.

"Sasuke? Hey Teme!" Naruto's loud voice cut into my head almost seeming to make my left ear deaf. Groaning I glared at him and took my spot standing next to Sakura and Kakashi. Naruto glares back and before I knew it there was a snap and the picture was taken.
----------end flashback-----------

Chuckling to myself I picked up the picture to look at it. Until now I had never realised how much Naruto has really grown. Of course he was still slightly shorter than me, but he used to be a whole head shorter. His face lost it's roundness and his eyes seemed a little bit of a dimmer blue, like something caused them to loose their fire. His hair was longer and more gold than before but his whiskers were the same as always.

"It's kinda weird huh?"
I jumped sky high at that comment. He scared the crap out of me. How did I not notice him? Man am I slipping. Naruto fought a smirk at the idea that he scared me. I could tell he was fighting it really hard because of the expression left on his face.

"What do you mean?" I snap back causing Naruto to laugh.

"We got along for more than a life and death situation."

"Uh well actually you were hyperventilating and running out of oxygen." I teased causing Naruto to drop his jaw and smack my arm.

"Hey!" Naruto started laughing and I can't help but think in all the times I've seen him lately he had been without a smile. Now it looked like things could go back to normal...or about as normal as life gets for the dobe and I.

---(page break ttebayo)---

Naruto's POV...

"Well since it's been a while since you have been home I say we go out and do stuff because it's boring here." I state tying my jacket around my waist seeing as it was hot outside and wearing a black shirt was enough.

Sasuke looked over and me and shrugged. "You don't seem like the person to stay home long anyway."

"What does that mean?" I ask confused and Sasuke rolls his eyes.

"You were always busy. Training and running after me. Am I right?"

I feel my face heat up at his words so I turn around and duck my head before he notices. Instinctually I rub the back of my head shyly before opening the door.

"You don't know that. I've been quite the ladies man since you left." I taunt while jumping down into the street. Sasuke follows and without looking I can tell he rolled his eyes.

"So where do you wanna go?" I ask turning around and folding my hands behind my head.

"Naruto, Sasuke hey." Sakura says walking over. I can't believe I used to have a crush on her. She's so...overly violent towards me. I mean most of the time when she hit me should could have just told me to knock it off.

"Hey Sakura-chan. What's up?" I ask trying to seem casual but I can't help but worry if she is going to hit on Sasuke like usual. I can't blow my top I mean I'm not even sure what just happened at home. I've got to talk to him about it...