Criminal ch. 2

Naruto's POV--

Stupid Sasuke! He hasn't changed at all. Well...what was I expecting from the famous Uchiha? He will probably still have all those fan-girls. I know he already has Sakura. Gritting my teeth I climbed the stairs back up to the streets of the village. I could wait for Sasuke up here.

"Naruto? Hey!" Kiba said walking by. I looked up and gave him my classic fake grin.

"Hey Kiba. What's up?" I played casual. I was sick of hearing how 'depressing' I am. That's Sasuke's job.

"Nothing really. I heard you took the job?" I nodded in response my smile faltering before I could recover it. Kiba opened his mouth to say something but Sakura cut him off stepping over next to me.

"Hey Kiba. Naruto, take Sasuke to your place right away. No stalling and no ramen." She ordered making me stuff my hands in my pockets and pout.

"Fine. See ya Kiba, Sakura-chan." I said dismissing myself and walking on after seeing Sasuke walk over. Of course he followed without a word. I don't know why but his presence was leaving me emotionless. As if his existence was sapping out all my feelings.

'It's because you haven't come to terms with the Uchiha boy yet Kit.' Kyuubi muttered in my head. I shrugged and answered back in my thoughts.

'Well how do you make up with the person who left you? Who turned and tried to kill you because he couldn't stand the sight if you? I lost Sasuke for so long and now he's back and I don't know how I'm supposed to handle being forced into his constant presence.'

'You could always tell him how you feel. Kit stop denying it. I feel what you feel and thankfully I'm not as dense. Admit it, you have feelings for the Uchiha boy.'

I stopped walking right then and there. Kyuubi's words had froze me in my tracks. Was what he was saying true? Did I like Sasuke like that? I mean every time he was mentioned I did feel a little funny...

"Naruto? Naruto....dobe?" Sasuke poked me getting me to snap out of it. I turned to face him scowling confused at my own thoughts.

(Insert page break. Believe it!)

Sasuke's POV--

Naruto froze in front of me. And when I say froze I don't mean he just stopped walking. I mean he looked as if time had froze him in place. His right foot hovered above where he was about step and he didn't look like he was breathing.

"Naruto? Naruto...dobe?" I asked poking him. I could see why Sakura said she didn't want me to leave him alone. Did this happen often with him?

"Hm? Oh, sorry I just...um...nm." Naruto stuttered scowling confused while facing me. His feet were both on the ground now and he was biting his lip almost drawing blood.

"You okay dobe?" I ask getting worried. Should I be this worried? At the fact if me calling him dobe he seemed to snap out of it.

"Yeah, I don't know what just happened. Maybe I didn't sleep as good as I thought last night." He scratched the back of his head and gave me the classic Naruto grin and chuckled before he continued to walk again.

What was up with him?

"We're here. So rules....don't touch my ramen. Okay that's it." Naruto said jumping up to his door and unlocking it with his key. Of course that would be his only rule. He hadn't changed much after all from what I could tell.

"Your lucky I cleaned this place." Naruto mumbled under his breath walking in and letting me in behind him. It looked the same as ever, only without the mess Uzumaki always had.