Chapter 13

"Oh. Oh my gosh. My- my memory, my name... B-B Bucky." Bucky said sliding down into the fetal position. "You and I are- are going to be partners..." I said sliding down next to him. "Oh no... Steve..." Bucky said alarmed. "Who?" I asked. "My best friend. Steve Rogers. That's all I remember about him. That and a lot of stupid decisions and red white and blue..." Bucky's other file was burning a hole in my back, so I handed it to him and said, "Here." "Is that mine..." he asked gently taking it from me. "Yeah, but we really should get going, I'm sorry but we... we could be noticed." "Yeah" he murmured, "Wait, they're going to do what they did to me to you. I have another idea, we need to get out of here." "What!! Are you insane, if they catch us, they'll kill us!" "IF they catch us. Come on you can bring your friend Yelena, you probably don't want to leave her here." "I-I guess I can ask Yelena, if she says yes, then I'm in." "Ok, if she says yes, then bring her here tomorrow after our class session thingie, but remember, you can't tell anyone what you know, they'll erase me again..." The look in his eyes alone made me want to keep his secret. "Ok, now let's go, we've been gone to long." I said pulling him up. "Hey um... can I call you Nat?" "Sure." I replied. "Thanks, for helping me, I'd still be a mindless puppet teacher guy, so, thanks. Partner." He smiled a bit at this. Wow, I didn't think he knew how to smile before this. Before I could stop myself, I smiled back.