Control

I stare at the girl,  unmoving.  "Please,"  I say,  desperately.  "Don't hurt her."

   The girl smirks,  bloody fangs exposed,  and laughs loudly.  She presses her claws into my mother's neck just hard enough to draw blood.  My mom squeaks,  scared. "You can't fool me with that innocent act,  Cody."  The girl sneers my name as if it will somehow disease her.

"What do you want? " I try,  voice  weak.

" I want to see it.  To see you. "  She growls.  Actually growls.

I take one step forward,  trying to keep it unnoticed.

" I don't understand...? " I lie.  I know what she wants- to see the wolf.  My wolf.  Me.  Another step forward.  I can't even controlled it yet,  can I?  Well,  I haven't exactly tried. 

The rabid girl scoffs. 

"You know exactly what I'm talking about,  full shifter. Show me the wolf. " I take another step.  I'm only a few feet away from her now.

" Why? "

She raises her eyebrows.  I take a glance at my mom,  she is slouching down,  trying to wriggle out of the werewolf's grip. " Are you playing,  or are you really that dumb?  You're the first of your kind I  hundreds of years ,  or so they say.  I want to see if the rumors are true."

I can do this.  Come on,  Cody.  I'm a strong girl.  A wolf. 

I smirk as best I can,  given the situation,  and try to seem tough.  "Fine."

     I let the beast in  me take over,  and feel as my bones shift and muscles ripple all over my body.  I land on all fours,  and shake out  my thick fur.  A single,  low growl escapes my jaws,  before I jump on the girl,  just barely  missing my mother.  I hear my mom scream,  and watch as she runs into the house,  pure horror evident on her face. 

     The half-wolf under me shrieks,  and I get off her,  ready to pounce again.  She slowly gets into a crouch,  eyes on me,  before bolting into the woods behind my house, 

I know I can't go back home now.  My mother will be terrified. 

I stay as the wolf,  and decide that it's about time I see what this creature- me- can do.