Inner Thoughts and Unimaginable Pain

Pain is searing through my arm like a wildfire. The constant burning sensation seems to never even lose it's steady, throbbing beat. My skin is hot to touch, and leaves me holding in yelps of fear and torment. 

      Sweat is dripping down my forehead and I am gripping my arm harder than I thought was possible. The constant pain seems to be almost spreading up my arm. I tried ice, but it only made my arm blaze even hotter.

      It has already been a day since my weird 'might have been a dream' incident, and I've been feeling strange ever since. My mom had already left for work when the burning started. 

What is happening to me?

Keep strong, it will end soon. 

A chill runs down my spine. Did I just answer my own thought?

Of course not, you aren't crazy. You should know that. 

     A surge of pain rushes into my rib cage and I scream out loud. My breath quickens and I collapse on the floor of my bedroom, the cool wood meeting my face. 

Who are you? I ask myself. Am I going insane?

You will find out soon. And no, you are not going insane.

      The voice inside my head disappears, and I am left in a heap on the floor, buried in crazy thoughts and immense misery. 

                                                                                ***

"Cody?" Someone calls downstairs. I am too weak to even try to recognize the voice.

"Cody, where are you?" Calls a different voice. 

     The padding of feet sounds up the stairs. Three pairs of feet, two male, one female. Since when can I figure out the gender of a person by the sound of their feet. 

     The smell of mint and pine fills my nose when I hear the group standing outside my door. I know that smell. Logan. 

     My door opens to reveal Phoenix, Tristan and of course, Logan.

"Oh my God." Phoenix says under her breath. 

     Logan rushes over to my and soon, my head is on his lap and he is kneeling beside me. "Cody, what happened?"

     I can't even find the energy to speak. I blink my eyes at him rapidly, trying to see him clearer. He looks so... Distant. I blink once more before my eyes shut once again and I am pulled out of consciousness once again. 

Just before I am pulled under, though, I feel a strange warmth in my eyes.

                                                                             ***

"Get me another washcloth." A calm voice says above me. I am laying on a warm, comfy surface. A bed. 

      I open my eyes to see Logan's worried face about a foot from mine. I peer around the room to see it's not my own.

"Where am I?" I ask him, my voice coarse. 

"Thank God." He says quietly. "We're at my house." He barely smiles. "Cody, what happened to you? We found you passed out in your room. And your eyes, they changed. Like mine do." 

     I look at him, puzzled. Like his do? As in I have werewolf eyes? Um, no, no, no. "You mean to yellow?" I ask. 

"That's the thing..." He says."They didn't turn yellow. They turned black... and they almost seemed to be on fire. Like coals." 

     I stare at him. What could that possibly mean? I feel a rush of pain shoot through my entire body. The burning, it's back. 

    I arch my back in pain as a reflex and scream louder than ever. 

"WHAT." I  suck in a sharp breath. "IS." and another.  "HAPPENING TO ME?!" 

    My eyes warm again, but soon feel on fire, just like Logan had said they looked. I squeeze them shut and yell again. My heart rate is out of control. My breath is ragged. My skin is crawling with the sudden, itchy feeling of  what seems like a fur coat.

I grip the bed sheets and let all my pain out in the form of resounding, loud, piercing wails.

After what seems like hours, the charring torment is over.

     My body relaxes and I let go of my death's grip of the sheets. I am suddenly cold. I peek open my eyes, to see Logan is no longer beside me. He is across the room, along with Phoenix and Tristan, cowering in fear. 

   I look down at myself to see that I am no longer wearing clothes. My eyes widen in embarrassment and I pull the sheets over myself.

I glance back at my friends. None of them have moved an inch. 

"Logan? Tristan, Phoenix?" I ask. "What's wrong?"

    They just continue to stare at me. Logan moves a bit, not much. Slowly, as if there is some unseen danger behind me, he begins to approach me. Once Logan is half way across the room, the others follow. 

      Logan stops by the bed and sinks to the ground, on his knees. Phoenix and Tristan join him. 

"Hey?" I ask quietly. "What's wrong?"

Tristan speaks first, which surprises me. 

"Cody, you are something we have never seen before. Only heard of in books and myths. You are something we didn't even think was possible."

I scrunch my eyebrows and stare at him in horror and shock.

"What am I?" I plead him with my eyes to answer the question honestly. Tristan sucks in a breath that he had obviously been holding. 

"Cody, you are a full wolf. You can shift into a real, full wolf. Not just partially, like us." He gestures Logan and Phoenix. 

"A f- full wolf?" I ask, scared. 

"Yes, Cody. And I don't think there are any others like you. Cody you have to tell me everything that has happened to you in the last few days."

Tristan grabs my arm, the one with the bite marks and looks at it. He meets my eyes again and in the most serious tone I've ever heard, says,

"Absolutely everything."

__________________________________________________

Hey guys! Could you vote and comment? Maybe even tell other people to check this story out? Thanks!<3 can this chapter get 3 votes????

~J:)