Mom's Boyfriend

My friends and I are all laughing and smiling, stuffing our faces with popcorn and potato chips when we hear the front door open. 

My mom's quiet laugh echos around us. I hear a deeper voice talking to her. 

"Tonight was fun, Maddie." I suck in a sharp breath. Even though I don't remember, I know that the only person to call my mom Maddie was my dad. 

My mom laughs again. I had expected her to start crying. 

"Please, come in." Her voice tells me that she's smiling. 

I turn around and look at Logan, Tristan and Phoenix. All of them are intently listening on my mom and Damien's conversation. 

Tristan looks to Logan and nods. All of them seem to return to their normal selves. 

"I'm guessing you know him?" I ask. 

"I wouldn't say know." Says Tristan. I am not really sure what is meant by that. 

"Cody, honey, come in the kitchen. I want you to meet somebody"

I rise to my feet and motion for my friends to follow. I walk around the living room and into the kitchen, and see my mom standing there with a man. 

He looks to be in his early to mid forties, and has sandy, blond- brown hair. His eyes are so dark, they almost look black. He towers over my mom, he must be at least six- two. Well built and obviously strong, he worries me being around my mother. 

"This is Damien." She smiles and points to the huge man next to her. 

Damien gives a quick smile and sticks out his hand for me to shake. "You must be Cody."

This man's voice is oddly familiar to me...

I shake his hand back and reply with a quiet "Yes."

"Your mom has told me so much about you."

I nod. "You too." I try to smile. There's just something about him... I don't know. And his voice... Where have I heard it?

I look back at my friends, all standing in the doorway, each one of them standing as still as a statue. I knit my eyebrows together and raise them, silently asking why.

My mom speaks again. "Damien, these are Cody's friends. I'm not sure why she hasn't introduced them herself..." My mom motions to Phoenix, Logan and Tristan with her chin. 

"Oh, yes. This is Logan, Phoenix, and Tristan." I motion each of them. 

I look at Damien to see a flash of a cold glare in my friends direction, before he quickly masks it with a small smile.

"Hello." He says. 

My friends mutter the same before walking back into the living room. I awkwardly follow them. "Hey, mom, we are going to be in my room, okay?"

My mom softly answers and "Okay" before continuing her and Damien's conversation. 

                                                                          ***

"Okay, who is he?" I ask as soon as I shut my bedroom door.

"What?" Logan asks. 

"Oh, come on. I'm not that dumb." I look between the three of them. "Who is he?"

"Damn," Tristan says. "You're good at reading people." He sighs. "Damien is Logan's father. Well, step father" I am surprised at this. Damien is Logan's step dad? "He is also like us."

They don't really like reffering to themselves as werewolves.

"I could have told her." Logan says, sounding irretated.

"But why is he here?" I ask. "I'm guessing not for my mom..."

"We could'nt be sure." Phoenix speaks up. I look at Logan. He is intently thinking about something. 

"Do you have any theories?" I say.

"Power?" Tristan questions. "I really don't-" Logan interrupt's him suddenly, looking up and meeting my eyes.

"He is trying to get to me. He thinks I have something that he needs"

_______________________________________

Sorry for the short chapter! :) Please vote, comment... yeah all that:)