Truth or Dare

A week has gone by, no sign of the creepy man who threatened me. Tristan, Logan and Phoenix couln't figure out at all who this guy could be, and how he knew Logan. 

My mom has been going out more. I think she found herself a guy. I'm not really sure how I feel about this- what if the guy turns out bad? She will be devastated. If there even is a guy. 

"Mom?" I call, trudging down the stairs. School was canceled- though I'm not sure why. Probably teacher meetings. 

"Yes, Cody?" She calls back, she must be in the kitchen. 

"Can I have friends over?" She doesn't answer right away. I hop off the last step, and swing myself around the railing down the hallway. I step in the kitchen and see her standing over the stove, making what smells like bacon. 

"Well," She starts. "I actually was invited out to dinner tonight, so I won't be home."

I smirk. So it is a guy. 

"So, what's his name?" I ask her. She blushes like a little school-girl. 

"What makes you think it's a guy?"

"Really, mom?" I say with a sarcastic tone, still smiling. "Just tell me!"

"Fine." She agrees. "His name is Damion."

"Ooh," I say. 

My mom blushes again before quickly excusing herself. "Well, I'm off to work. Here's breakfast." She points to the bacon that she has just finished. 

I smile at her. 

Just before she runs out the door, I yell "Wait, can my friends come over?"

She slams the front door, quickly opening it again and saying "Sure!" Before running off again. 

Oh, I love my mom.

                                                                      ***

"Popcorn, anyone?" I ask Logan, Tristan and Phoenix.

"YES!" All of them shout at the exact same time. I laugh and walk into the kitchen. I pull a packet of popcorn out of the cabinet and put it in the microwave. 

I'm pretty sure werewolves eat ten times as much as normal humans. Seriously, though, they eat a ton. 

I laugh to myself. Yes, I do like spending my Friday evenings with my only three friends, who happen to be werewolves. 

I pull the popcorn out of the microwave and pour it into a bowl. 

When I turn back around, I run into something hard. Someone. Logan stands there, his cheeks blushing. 

"Sorry." He says quietly. I laugh. It's funny how he can go from loud and over-confident to shy and quiet in just a few minutes. 

"Don't be." I say laughing and patting him on the chest. I walk around him, to the living room, and he follows behind me. 

"Here you go!" I say. Tristan and Phoenix are rolling around on the floor, laughing and tickling each other. 

"Now you see why I left." Logan says, laughing behind my. 

"Uh huh."

I walk over to the coffee table and set the bowl down, sitting on the couch. "Come on, little love- wolves, lets play a game."

Logan sits beside me. "Love- wolves?" He laughs. 

"Yes, love- wolves. I can't call them love- birds, now, can I?"