Rabid Girl

I sleep through a dreamless night, lost in the soft covers of my bed. When I wake, my back aches from sleeping curled in a ball. The sun shines through my window, almost up its climb to the top of the sky. It must be around 11:00.

     I have no school, luckily, since it's Sunday. I trot down the stairs calling for my mom, only to be responded to with an erie silence. She should be here.

     I walk around the empty house and into the kitchen. Newspaper is sprawled across the kitchen table, and a coffee mug is seated next to it. The mug is warm. 

     A stifled scream makes me jump. I run to the back porch. My mom is kneeling on the wooden deck with panicked eyes, and a clawed hand covers her mouth. My poor mom is still in her blue morning robe, and hair is messily in a ponytail. 

      I look at the figure holding my mother, to discover that is is a girl, maybe around my age. Dark brown ringlet curls of hair flow past her shoulders. She has a striking pale face, with dark eyes, almost rabid eyes and red lips. Blood dribbles down her chin like she has recently eaten a raw animal.

    I meet the girls eyes and watch them flash yellow. She moves her other hand to my mom's neck, so her claws just barely poke into the delicate skin.

"One wrong move and she gets her throat ripped out."

My shortest chapter yet, but I needed a quick update. Sorry it's been so long! I've been very busy with school. Uggh. :P

~Jordan