Chapter 24 - Chaos (Part 4)

It was pointless to fight back now, to still hold on to hope. My eyes turned towards the ceiling, sweet memories of my parents, friends and at last Yannik rolled before my eyes. A slow smile spread across my lips as I was grateful for the feelings I got to experience. I was grateful I've found the exceptional love between soulmates because no ordinary human would ever know the extent of it.

"No!" Laurel wept somewhere above me "What have I done?" He shook me slightly "You cannot abandon me, my love! We were meant to be, you and I!" He shook me once again, this time more forcefully.

"Take your filthy hands off her Cerberus!" My pulse quickened as I heard Maximillian yelling. My body slumped with relief as I felt another pair of hands pulling me upwards.

"Korina are you all right? Say something!" Daniel clutched me tight to his body, pulling out the blade which was buried in my chest.

I hissed because of the stinging pain in my pierced flesh. "Daniel." I licked my dry lips "Sam." I whispered, my throat still burning because of Laurel's power.

"I know." His voice shook "I know."

"Yannik, please Daniel. Please save him." Tears slipped to my cheeks when I realized how long was he already laying there, completely motionless.

"He was taken into the med bay Korina. He is already with Elliot." He assured me, wiping away my tears.

I looked away from him, stunned how easily Maximillian overpowered Laurel. Ria and Traxx were by his side, beheading the cruel monster while he stared into my eyes.

I slowly smiled at him before they severed his neck "You're dead." I mouthed. His eyes went wide with horror as his hands stretched out to reach me, but then his lifeless body slumped to the ground, his head rolling away.

"Only Cain is more powerful than Maximillian." Daniel whispered into my ear "He is the one to be feared."

"No matter how powerful or weak, a monster is still a monster," I muttered, my eyes darting to Kellan's body.

Daniel gulped, a pained sound coming from his throat "What are you talking about?"

"Liam wasn't a traitor, merely a pawn in Kellan's obsessive revenge fantasy. It was Kellan who let those Skinwalkers in, pretending to be Liam. He framed him for everything Daniel." I looked at him, seeing his eyes were filled with horror.

"You are wrong Korina, Kellan was our friend." He shook his head.

"I thought so too. He admitted he was the one that trapped us in the cave."

"What? Why would he do such a thing?" He watched me in disbelief.

"Apparently Maximillian killed his other half." I looked into his wide eyes when recognition downed at him.

"But we didn't have a choice!"

"I understand." I nodded with sadness "I had to kill him. I am sorry."

He stepped away from me, watching me in horror.

"He tried to kill Yannik, and he killed Sam, Lex and Liam. But that wasn't all he had done." My voice broke as I turned away from him "He betrayed Maximillian by revealing my mother's hiding place in Italy. He is the reason Cian found her."

"I can't believe this." He buried his hand in his hair, nervously pacing around me.

"Take me to Yannik." I begged him "There is only one place I want to be right now – at his side."

*

We all sat in the med bay, depression hanging over us like a storm cloud. My body still shook with sobs, but I had no tears left in me. We waited for hours and I was grateful for Ria and Sanna tirelessly sitting beside me, supporting my weak body. They also cried, mourning the loss of our friends.