Twenty-Six

"Jack I don't know if I can do this," I said as we entered the hospitial parking lot.

I was having my first OB appointment.

"You're going to be fine," Jack said grabbing my hand and puttting it to his lips, "Stop shaking so much."

"I can't. I'm so freaked out right now. It doesn't feel real. And honestly, I don't know if I want it to be real," I told him.

"You're going to be fine. I'm here for you."

I let out a deep breath, "I know. And it's one of the reasons I love you."

We got out of the car and walked into the building hand in hand.

In the waiting room everything started getting worse. There were a bunch of women, some with other children already and some without, who were super pregnant. I started breathing heavy and the shaking got worse.

"Hey," Jack said noticing everything was getting worse, "what's wrong?"

"In less than 9 months I'm going to look like that," I said, pointing discretely to one of the super pregnant ladies.

"But you're going to be way hotter than them," Jack said matter-of-factly.

I rolled my eyes, "Either way. I'm going to be a moody bitch."

"But you'll be my moody bitch," Jack said kissing me on the cheek.

"Isabella Taylore," I looked up to see a nurse with a clip board scanning the room.

I stood up and walked over to her with Jack following.

***

"I feel like that doctor was judging me," I said as we left the hospitial.

"Why?" Jack asked.

"Because I'm 22, unmarried, and pregnant," I clarified.

"I think you're just paranoid."

"I know. But I should be the one that should be in there using my degree for something," I said.

"And you still can. Just not right now," Jack pointed out.

"I know. And it sucks. It didn't bother me until we went in there and I saw people actually doing the work," I sighed.

"That will be you some day. Dr. Taylore."

"I like the sound of that," I smiled.

***

"We're going to have to tell them sooner or later," I said as we were walking into the house.

"No time like the present," Jack said.

I nodded.

"Where have you guys been?" Taytum asked as we walked in the door.

I took a deep breath, "I have something to tell you guys."

Everyone got confused looks on their face waiting for me to elaborate.

"I'm pregnant. We were at the OB," I eventually told them.

"Why didn't you tell us before?" Sam asked.

I looked at Jack and we both shrugged. I don't honestly know why we waited to tell them. I knew they wouldn't care.

No one said anything for a while. We just all sat there in awkward silence.

"Let's go watch me fail at skateboarding again," Taytum suggested.

Everyone agreed and we went outside and sat on the grass.