Ten

"Why should she just get to walk out of lives when we should have been together as a family, then come back in when her life gets fucked up?" I ask, although it was more of a rethorical question.

I was pacing back and forth in front of my bed where Jack was sitting watching me.

"She doesn't," Jack agreed.

I was so pissed off about what happened earlier with my sister. I had been ranting to Jack for about an hour.

"I'm sorry, you had to listen to this," I told him and sat down next to him and put my head on his shoulder.

He put arm around me, "I think you look cute when you're angry," he smiled at me.

"Then I must have been pretty damn cute, because I was more than angry," I said laughing.

"You're always pretty damn cute, though," he said.

I looked down at my feet and blushed. Jack always told me things like that but every single time I couldn't help but blush like a 15 year old.

It still felt weird because we were best friends for two years before all of this.

"Let's go do something to get your mind off it," he said.

"Like what?"

I knew what he would do to get his mind off of it, but I doubt that's what he had in mind.

"You'll see," he said standing up and pulling me up with him.

***

He took me outside. I was standing in the snow.

"Jack what are we-" I was interupted by Jack throwing a snowball at me.

I stood there with my mouth open for about 1 second before bending down to make a snowball myself.

I threw at him and missed by barely an inch.

He countered by hitting me square in the nose. I laughed and threw another one at him. This time hitting him in the stomach.

As I was trying not to get hit by Jack and make my own snowballs. I ended up falling down.

I was laughing so hard I couldn't breathe. It didn't help it was freezing outside. Jack grabbed my hand pulling me up.

Right as I stood up though Jack put a peice of snow down my shirt, making me scream.

"You're going to get it Gilinsky!" I said grabbing snow and running after him.

I was faster than him but the snow was holding me back. I finally got to him and put it in his hair and down his face.

I started falling again because I had run after him so fast and stopped abruptly. This time I fell on Jack making up both fall down. I landed on him, hard.

"Are you okay?" I asked, I landed on him really hard.

He started laughing, "You don't weight that much," he told me.

I laughed, too. He leaned his head forward kissing me.

I heard someone whistle. We pulled away and looked around.

It was Johnson and Taytum.

"Get a room," Johnson yelled at us.

I got off of Jack and pulled him up.

"What are you guys doing?" I asked them.

"Oh nothing," Taytum said.

I rolled my eyes. I knew both of them better than that.

"You suck at lying, I told her.

"What are you guys doing?" Johnson countered.

"Well we were having a snowball fight," Jack told them, smiling.

Johnson laughed, "Pretty weird looking snowball fight."

***

"I don't want you to leave," I said, Jack and and were laying on my bed, my head on his shirtless chest.

"Trust me, I don't want to leave either. But, when we see each other next we'll be going to Jamacia," he told me.

"I know. But that seems like forever from now," I told him.

"So don't think about that. Think about us now." He told me.

God I loved him.

I closed my eyes and fell asleep.

***

When I woke up Jack was gone. I groaned.

I didn't even get to tell him goodbye. I got up and walked to Taytum's room which was just down the hallway.

I knocked on the door and I heard her get up to open the door.

"Did you just wake up?" She asked me.

"Yeah," I said, "What time is it?"

I didn't see the big deal over me just getting up.

"2 in the afternoon," she told me.

Damn

I don't remember what time I went to bed but it was after 3.

"You never went to Grand Island," I realized.

"I know, but my family said it was fine. I did other things."

Like Johnson, I thought to myself. I started smiling.

Taytum gave me a weird look and I stopped smiling.

"Well, I guess I should pack, since it's 2," I said and walked away.

We didn't technically have to be back to school for a while but I'd rather be there than here right now.

***

The next day Taytum and I said our goodbye's to everyone and left around 2.

"I'm so ready for spring break," I said as Taytum pulled out of my driveway.

"Three more months," Taytum replied.

Three more months before I got to see Jack.

"I don't know if I can wait that long," I said.