Seven

Today was the day I have been dreading since summer started. Jack and I were leaving for college tomorrow morning. We were both going to different schools and we wouldn't see each other again until November.

I had finished the gift I was giving Jack and I was so excited to see him tonight. I was finishing packing all of my stuff last night so I had nothing left to do except load it into my car, but I would do that later.

I went to Walmart to buy a frame for the pictures for Jack and wrapping paper because I've been putting it off for a while.

I put the collage in the frame and wrapped it. I was never very good at wrapping gifts. I tried my best but it still didn't look very good. I went and put it in my car because I knew it I would forget about it if I didn't do it right now.

I was the only one at my house because my sister had left to go to rehab for her drinking problem and my mom was at therapy. I didn't know what to do now. I didn't really have to do anything for a long time.

***

I took a shower and did pretty much nothing until it was 6 o'clock and I went to go get food. I sat in my bed eating pizza and watching 'Twisted' on Abc Family.

***

At 8 I got in my car and drove over to Jack's house.

When I got there Jack, Johnson, and Sam were all talking. I joined in and they were talking about a bunch of boring stuff I mostly tuned out.

At around 10 they left and it was just Jack and I.

We just layed on his bed not saying anything. I was enjoying this while it lasted.

Jack sat up and was staring at me with this weird look on his face.

"Do you want something?" I asked smiling.

"Your clothes off," he said.

I blushed.

"In your dreams, Gilinsky," I rolled my eyes.

"I'm counting on that," he said.

I sat up and put my head on his shoulder and when I did this he put his arm arm around my shoulder.

I kissed him. Then I put my legs over his legs straddling him. He put his hands on my back and I put mine in his hair.

"Izzy, you don't have to do this if you're not ready," he told me pulling away.

"I am, I love you and I trust you, Jack."

***

Jack and I lay in his bed. I had my head laying on his bare chest. Rising and falling with every breath. My mind just realizng what we had just done. I closed my eyes and fell asleep.

***

I was awoken by the sound of my alarm. I jumped up and ran to shut my alarm off. I was still naked. As I found my clothes and hurried to put them on.

Jack was just staring at me.

"Why are you in such a hurry?" he asked.

"I wasn't planning on staying the night and I need to leave by 10. I still have to put all my stuff in my car," I told him.

He got up and put on clothes, too. He walked me to my car. He kissed me and I never wanted to leave. I wish I could stay here with Jack forever.

"I'll see you soon," I told him.

"I love you," he said.

"I love you, too," I told him as I got into my car and backed out of his driveway.

***

When I got to Lincoln and got to my dorm I saw my roommate was already here.

"Hi," I said.

When I spoke she turned around and smiled at me.

"I'm Izzy Taylore," I told her, "I'm from Omaha."

"Hi Izzy, I'm Taytum Long," she informed me, "I'm from Grand Island."

She held out a hand to me and I shook it. She had long light brown hair, currently pulled into a poneytail. She wasn't exceptionally tall and had pale skin.

I went back to my car to get my stuff and realized that I had forgotten to give Jack his gift.

"Looks like it's going to be a Christmas present," I mumbled to myself.

I could give it to him for his birthday but I wouldn't see him then.

Taytum and I talked about random things for most of the day. I found out she wanted to be a doctor. I also wanted to be a doctor but I was getting my nursing degree first for the experience and to make sure I really wanted to be a doctor.

We talked about our boyfriends. Taytum had broken up with her boyfriend before she moved here. She didn't know about Jack and Jack and Magcon and stuff like that which was good and I didn't fill her in about it. If she wanted to know she could look it up.

I haven't had someone come up to me and obsess over me dating Jack yet and I wanted to keep it that way. I didn't see the big deal. Jack was the big deal, not me. I didn't do anything except date him. I didn't even have a vine.

Taytum and I both eventually called it a night and stopped talking. I texted Jack to ask him how his day of moving into his dorm was.

'It would have been better if you were here,' he texted.

'It's only a few months, then we'll see each other again,' I told him.

'I know, I know, goodnight, I love you,' he said.

I didn't reply because I fell asleep before I could.