Chapter 3 - The Finding of the Lost Hero

AN: Hey guys it's LucasDB39, and I'm here to deliver you the third Chapter of When the Arrow Flies. Thank you for the reviews and the huge amount of views, at 605 views! Thank you so much! I have some announcements to make before jumping into the story. So first of all, thank you to "Velgamidragon" for the amazing suggestion, and it's helped a lot so shout out to you, you have my greatest thanks. Also, thank you to "dioVv" and "Draconic king" for the positive reviews, thank you. And "KeyNameQ," here is the Chapter so you don't send in the government!

Disclaimer: I do not own any of the characters in this story currently, I will tell you if I make characters that aren't in the original story, but I do not own any of these characters and I do not own the Percy Jackson series, all rights and credits to Rick Riordan. Enjoy the Chapter!

Chapter 3

The Finding of the Lost Hero

*Previously, on When the Arrow Flies*

"Three years have passed since Zeus' announcement. Everybody was losing hope. Little did they know, the end was nearing for the Search for the Lost Hero."

*Currently*

*Artemis' POV*

(at least half of the viewers will scream "FINALLY!")

Life wasn't fair. I can track down everything I've ever been instructed to find before, but this was plain out unacceptable. Three years of searching for Percy Jackson, with only about five breaks per month, which, let me fill you in, seems like a lot of breaks, but we were hunting everywhere, and these breaks were about twelve hours each, barely enough time to sleep and eat.

A person would think, with the entire Greek World searching for him, that it would be a matter of time before someone found him. But it the results are negative. Not even a single little trace. We know he didn't go to Tartarus, because the only current entrance in America was in the Underworld, and Hades would have sensed Percy in his domain, even if he jumped to Tartarus somewhere else, Hades would have felt him pass through his domain for at least a split second. He couldn't have left America because we know immediately when somebody leaves the country. So, basically, he's still here in America, completely undetected.

My huntresses and I are currently searching the Appalachian Mountains. We are checking near the bottom because if he was at the top, Father, or otherwise known as Zeus, would sense him, because the mountains are in his domain of the sky. We haven't gotten a trail, and I had high doubts we were going to fi-- "LOOK!" squealed an excited hunter.

My head snapped to where she was pointing and we saw footprints, that definitely had to be Percy's.

We followed the trail at the speed of lightning, wanting to find the Son of Poseidon as soon as possible so we could take him back to Olympus to get chewed out for disappearing for so long.

After a little while of running as fast as our legs could carry us, we stumbled across a cave with light reflecting off the walls, and I know for sure that light is coming from a fire.

Getting excited, we dashed around the corner of the cave, to find the one and only Percy Jackson, sitting on a log around a fire. Wow, for taking three years to find, he certainly hid in this cave for a long time. I thought. He looked up at us, his eyes without their usual mischievous glint, or the mirth that used to show in them. No, instead, they were filled with betrayal. Why would he feel betrayed? Is a thought that ran across my mind. Then he spoke, his voice completely emotionless, making my huntresses and I shiver. But at the same time, confusing us.

"Athena was close to correct when she told me my fatal flaw of loyalty would destroy the world, the only part she had wrong was that it would destroy me instead of the world." We stared at him confused, when he spoke again. "I found out a week after I left that she was a traitor. She was on Gaea's side the entire time, and was the one who murdered my mother and Paul. She planned on betraying Gaea once they won the war and taking over as ruler, however, her plan backfired because Gaea learned of it and ordered the giants to kill her. I also found out she was cheating on me with the giant, Gration." We stood in stunned silence.