Chapter 17 - Camp Olympus

“The Broken One, destined to Love

Shall Fall to the Major Domain of the Dove

When the Daughter of Zeus Prays to the Sky

Is When the Arrow Shall Fly

The Broken One’s Oath to Break

Due to the Moon, the Prince shall Awake

When the Lord of Godhood Rises in Power

The First One Shall Fall Off the Tower

And Gain the Rightful Place Shall he

Though Fall Shall the one he calls Arty.”

 Disclaimer: I don’t own PJO or HoO, Uncle Rick does. (Rick Riordan)

Chapter 17

Camp Olympus

*Previously, on When the Arrow Flies* 

“After a while my eyes started to get heavy and I laid back, and slowly fell asleep, slipping into the realm of Morpheus.”

*2 Weeks Later*

*Percy’s POV*

I stood before the army of Camp Olympus. I scowled at the other gods as they looked down in shame. It recently dawned on me that they had never fulfilled one of my wishes and combined the two camps, so, I marched to Olympus and scolded them. Seeing four-thousand year old gods look so ashamed was quite amusing and fun.

I looked back out to the army. They were all paired up, sparring, 1v1’s. After I scolded the gods, I went back to the camps and started preparing them. After two weeks, the demigods of Camp Jupiter came to Camp Half-Blood and started setting up shop. It’s now like an entire kingdom, with a castle and everything. Originally, that hadn’t been my idea, but because of the circumstances they decided on a monarchy for their government. The gods reluctantly agreed, and it was done.

Of course, they don’t have a demigod king yet, and because of that, I was appointed as the king for now. In the future, because I became the director of Camp Half-Blood originally, I’ll be the godly king of the camp, while their will be a demigod king to take care of the daily procedures, and in the future once this whole war is over, I will deal with the more serious and concerning matters.

The war. I shivered, and Artemis, being the hunter that she is, sent me a concerned look. I mentally groaned. She had been obsessed with being protective over me, and honestly, it was starting to get annoying. Artemis, along with all the other gods for that matter, were paranoid about the whole Chaos thing. We hadn’t received a single attack, no messages, absolutely nothing about the whole situation since the previous attack. It had Olympus on edge.

Of course, it wasn’t necessarily a bad thing that they hadn’t sent an attack since then, but it also wasn’t really a good thing. Athena said that it was likely they were gathering their forces for another attack, or preparing for the official first battle of the war. Well, trust me, we’ve been preparing too, and honestly, I think Chaos might have some issues.

You see, we, the gods, were not stupid enough to believe that the demigods alone could take on the army of Chaos. After seeing how powerful that army was that attacked Olympus, and how it was most likely a minor attack compared to what else Chaos had in store, we knew were outmatched a million to one. So, because of that, we had Hermes plant in the leaders of the countries of Earth that aliens will be soon attacking. It’s a decent plan, but I honestly think it worked a little too well.

After a couple of days had passed since Hermes whispered it into the ears of the mortal leaders, countries immediately began preparing their militaries, getting ready for war. All the countries had joined together, even terrorists decided to put aside the differences that made them harm so many people to join the cause. Of course, the country leaders weren’t the most thrilled and trusting, but eventually they decided to chill out and agreed to work with them, despite past issues. 

It was pretty exciting. The entire planet was working together and everybody was preparing for war. Well, except the Primordials. We decided we shouldn’t bother trying to get them to help, seeing as they wanted to take over Earth more than anybody. The Titans refused to help, which was annoying because it would’ve been really helpful if they would’ve just raised a finger. 

Despite the loss of the Titans potentially helping us, we looked like we were in pretty good shape. I smiled, and Artemis walked over to me as the other gods decided to stop being ashamed for now and began teaching the demigods how to fight correctly, and teaching them new tricks and skills. Artemis stood next to me, smiling as she bumped me. I felt a light blush appear on my face, and I mentally cursed. Trust me, my obsession over this goddess had definitely not gone away over the weeks since we went to the restaurant. 

I looked up to her face, and noticed her face was a little red. I frowned. “What’s wrong, Arty?” I asked casually, my concerned frown remaining. She scowled playfully at me and said “I thought I asked you to stop calling me that.” I just rolled my eyes. “Come on Arty, I’m pretty sure that you love the nickname, and just don’t want to admit it.” I said suggestively, and she just playfully punched my arm. I faked hurt, holding the spot she punched me. “Arty, why would you hurt me?! Oh the pain!” Well, it was her turn to roll her eyes, and she delivered. “Do you really want me to hurt you?” She asked with a dangerous tone to her voice, and I immediately paled. Last week, I accidentally made her mad, and lets just say her knee landed in a painful spot for me.

“No ma’am.” I quickly said and she smirked at me. “Good boy.” she patted my head, and I gave her a ‘What the heck’ look. “Did you just say good boy??” I asked, pretty surprised that she said that, knowing that her hunters probably wouldn’t be very happy if they heard those words come out of her mouth. “I’m sorry, good man.” She said and patted my head once more. I just groaned and turned back to the army. I felt our hands brush as she did the same.

“Do you think they will be ready?” She asked me, and I just sighed. “Honestly, Arty, I don’t know. Chaos’ army has to be pretty powerful, and I honestly do not want to find out how well our army will do against him. Seeing how powerful he has to be, it’s looking pretty bad for us.” Sighing, she looked up to my face. I looked to hers. I realized we were holding hands. We turned to each other. We got closer. My face was hot. We began leaning in. Closer. Closer. I could feel her breath against my face. We kept leaning in. Our faces were only inches apart..

BOOM! An explosive shook the world. We jumped apart, and I immediately summoned my battle armor and sword, my face still red. A large, alien looking ship was on the ground outside of the camp borders. A large door opened, and suddenly, weird creature things, like spiders that could walk like a human, began running at us, armed in battle armor and swords. I cursed. I looked at Artemis, and found that she had her weapons out along with her battle armor. 

Looking back to the army of Camp Olympus, they were scrambling to the camp gates and border. I had a very bad feeling about this. Artemis walked over to me, giving a confident smirk. “Well, I guess I’ll see you when this is over, Seaweed Brain.” She leaned in and our lips met. It seemed to last for millennia, but soon another explosive shook the camp, and she pulled back and disappeared. I stood there, frozen, a light smile on my face.

1202 Words.

AN: Well, sorry it took so long, I don’t have time to write a proper’s author note so I’ll see you guys next time! Bye!