Yup, I'm a glowing vampire

A ZOMBIE IN THE 23RD CENTURY

Capítulo 9: Yup, I'm a glowing vampire

Hailey's friends were already gone and so they didn't see my face in makeup soaked in sweat.

Damn, I wish I could have spoken French to say the most unimaginable swear words at the top of my lungs!

A whole world full of blue-eyed blonds. Even almost all people of color or other racial backgrounds had disappeared.

"So there's no such thing as colored people anymore?"

"Well, in Africa there is a small percentage of the population of color. It is a radical group based in what used to be South Africa, and there are reports that this group kills whoever decides to subject their children to the process of genetic manipulation, they are called: the black Nazis."

I cursed low and my intentions to return to my time were renewed. In the lab at the complex, I was told that within a couple of days there would be a temporal space disruption very close to where I entered this time.

"Hailey, I have to get back to my time. They gave me the mission to be an industrial spy for whatever has been invented in this time."

"How long before you get back?"

"A couple of days."

My friend looked at me sadly, but seemed to resign herself to the idea.

"All right, I'll help you. I don't think you can infiltrate a modern industrial complex. How about I give you all the information in the world?"

I breathed a sigh of relief, I didn't feel much like infiltrating an unknown place with God knows what security measures were in place. Unfortunately, Hailey looked worried.

"I don't see how you can take that, though. All the information is on the military network."

"There are no such things as USB devices?"

Hailey looked at me intrigued and I had to explain to her what USB, DVDs, etc. were.

"I don't know where we could get those old things. Besides, they wouldn't do you any good since there are no devices that can download information onto them. How about an old data crystal?"

She patiently explained to me what the above-mentioned data crystal was. It was a crystal that could store over a hundred Teras of information.

Since other devices such as cameras or video cameras of any kind did not exist at that time, I had to be content with the crystal.

It turns out that in this day and age, all photographic or recording devices are inside people's brains, which connect to everyone's eyes and ears, and are connected online to whoever you want. Yes sir, Masamune Shirow, the mangaka of Ghost in the Shell, got his vision of the future right.

"The only place we could find something this old is with internet explorer."

"What?"

"A Hacker I met by pure chance. He could give us the crystal along with the computer that can read the data. Do you think you can take those things back in time?"

"As long as they don't have biological parts, I don't see the problem."

"All right, then tomorrow we'll go to his office. It may even make you biometrically registered in the system, with that and the makeup you will no longer have any problem."

"I don't think I have them, in my day there were already studies about using crystals as mass storage devices for information... Hey, how strange that a hacker is called as an Internet search engine that in my day is already obsolete."

"He says it gives him style," Hailey said as she raised her shoulders, and together we went back to her house before her parents came home.

.

.

I had to hide in my few clothes friend's room. From the noise leaking through the door, I could tell that Hailey's parents were very fond of their only daughter and cared for her very much.

"Finally, some food," I said as I watched the teenager enter the room with a plate full of food prepared by the Laura.

"I also brought some juice."

"I hope it's not celery spinach this time."

"I only hope that your exquisite and refined palate will not be offended by a humble juice of tangerine and carrots."

"Hold on, my favorite!" I exclaimed happily, and Hailey opened her eyes, and then with her finger glued to her fleshy, sensual lips she gave me a frowning command to keep quiet.

"I'm sorry. I whispered to her."

We talked as I tasted the food and drink. We don't touch on issues related to my mission or complicated things from Hailey's time. Simple topics that any teenager would talk about no matter what the time of year.

Despite the time that had passed and the fact that everything around me seemed so different, I could see that adults still had adult concerns, and young people still had young people's concerns. Each and every one of them had the same dreams and hopes as the people of my time, yes, the more things change, the more they remain the same.

"Vladimir, are you all right?"

I hadn't noticed, but I had started to cry. I'm sure I looked pathetic in Hailey's eyes.

My friend didn't feel the same way because she took out a tissue and then wiped my face.

"How I'd like you to stay, Vladimir."

"I'd like to stay too... God, you smell so good."

"You don't smell good, but I still like you... We could, uh, shower together, if you want."

I cursed myself because I knew I would regret my decision.

"No, but I appreciate it."

Hailey got up and got naked in front of me. Then she went to the bathroom and before disappearing through the door she turned shyly and offered me a candid smile.

"And with what I hated about that vampire who glowed in the sunlight... In the end, I'm a bigger jerk than he is."

I gave a loud sigh, so loud I hope Hailey's parents didn't hear it.

CONTINUARÁ...