[13] ; FAREWELL

✧∘ଂ ࿐

✧∘ଂ ࿐

A CREAK DOWN the dormitory stairs awoke Aubrey Thomas out of her slumber. She blinked her eyes several times, adjusting to the darkness clouding the room. Aubrey took notice that a glowing light came from the common room; she got up from her bed, investigating the mysterious creaking sound and light. She spotted Draco with his wand igniting the Lumos spell. Aubrey knew exactly where he was going off to-tonight was the night-the night Draco was ordered to kill Albus Dumbledore.

"Draco, don't do it," Aubrey softly spoke, causing the blond-haired boy to jump slightly.

He sharply turned around; Aubrey noticed how somber her brother looked. She wanted to help him out, but he didn't listen. Draco was always going to want to please Lucius, no matter how much it kills him-physically and mentally.

"I have to," Draco mustered, regret and guilt building in his eyes. And with that sadden comment, the Malfoy boy left the common room.

Aubrey stood there, her arms crossed over her chest. She muttered curse words under her breath, before hastily following after him. The brunette whispered-hissed Draco's name repeatedly, but he didn't answer. He heard her loud and clear, but he had to do this. There was no other choice.

The two siblings came face-to-face with The Room of Requirement door. "Draco, seriously. You don't have to do this. There's a way out," Aubrey pleaded to him, but he had already opened up the door, walking into the room.

"There's no other way, Aubrey," Draco snapped, awaiting by the vanishing cabinet.

"Yes there is! I made it out. I'm the perfect example of standing up to Voldemort," Aubrey tried to reason, but every time the witch spoke, Draco shut her down.

In the next few minutes, the door to the cabinet opened up. Aubrey fearlessly backed up against a chest, gulping in pure fear. She knew tonight was not going to end well.

"Aubrey, what a lovely surprise," Greyback grinned, "Coming to your senses to join the right side?"

The brunette-haired witch glared at him. "I'd rather have you Cruico me till I end up like Neville Longbottom's parents, than join Voldemort's side."

"Don't speak The Dark Lord's name, mudblood!" Bellatrix screeched.

Greyback placed an arm in front of the Black witch. "Don't Bellatrix. And Aubrey, that can be arranged," the werewolf referred back to Aubrey's sentence.

"If you both have noticed, I was His second-in-command. He trusted me, he valued my opinion," Aubrey smirked, gloating. "And remember, the prophecy."