Chapter 13: Eventful day

Start from the beginning

"Hmm well, I'll take a Mushroom creamed burger steak with rice and Sitrus berry juice", He told her.

Mallow quickly right it down. "Mushroom creamed burger-rice-sitrus juice, got it", She muttered as she write down. "Anything else?", She asked expectantly.

"Yeah, Oran, Sitrus and Pecha berry delight for Blastoise."
(He was ordering Pokémon food Btw)

Mallow again write that down.

"Anything else?", she asked again.

"That'll be all", he said.

"Right! wait for just a sec.", she told him as she ran off to the kitchen, until.

"Hold up, I think I want to add", before she could run off, Gary quickly grab her hand gently. Mallow blushed becsuse of this.

"Wh-what is it?", she stuttered.

"Make my first order for two, join me, thats an order", Gary said in a gentle yet commanding tone, but he was looking away and a little tint of blush can be seen.

"Su-sure", she said still blushing. One thing then ran through her mind and made her blush redder.

At the corner of the kitchen door, Mallow's dad was watching and was please of what he saw.

A few minutes later Mallow came to the table with his order for two with Steenee holdind the Pokémon treat. She sat at the table he was in as it was awkwardly silent.

Gary released Blastoise as he offer Steenee to join him, the two were a little away from their trainers as they eat.

Gary didn't mind it, and eat his food, Mallow however was still recovering from what he did and with the situation she was in with him, she can't eat properly.

Gary soon noticed her.

"Hey, you okay? You barely touch your food?", he asked a little worried.

"Oh Im fine just", still stuttering.

He shrug that off and decided to change the topic.

"By the way, where do I get this Z-thingess, I want to try one of those badboys for myself."

Mallow was curious why, she thought Gary was interested in pokémon research.

"Why? I thought you want to know more about ultra-beast?", she question.

"Yeah, but since I'll be here for like 4 years, I might aswell fit in with the trends here", he told her. "Plus, I don't want Ashy-boy to be ahead of me nor have all the fun to himself."

Even though they are friends, like their dads, they are still rivals as trainers. She was about to speak until.

"If a trial is what you want! Mallow here will give you one!", her father barged in making Mallow pout in annoyance.

"Really?", Gary turned to her.

"Yeah, I'm the Grass trial captains of Akala's Lush jungle, beat me you get a Z-crytal the Grassium Z", She informed him.

"Though you need to beat the trial and grand trial here in Melemele to get a Z-ring", she added.

"But there is no order what should I do first right?", he asked, confusing them.

"Well, there is no order, but you need a Z-right to perform a Z-move remember?"

"Not a problem, I just want to see you in battle and how these trials work, though I won't be going easy on you", he told her with a smirk.