5 Times Percy and Jason's First Date Goes Wrong, And 1 Time It Might Work Out

Hello again!
It 'tis I. Welcome back. This is the actual chapter. It's mostly fluff and feelings. Anyway, without farther ado, let us get on with the story.

~~~~~

# 1

-----

The first date they go on is interrupted spectacularly.

They're eating dinner at a small Italian restaurant when someone is thrown through the window, glass shattering and covering everything with sharp edges.

The person lands on a table, breaking it in half with a loud crash. They roll over and lean up in an elbow with a groan and Percy can see that it's a young girl. Her hair hangs over her face, so Percy doesn't see that it's Hazel until she pulls her hair back with an arm and rolls onto her back.

Jason shoves the table over when he stands up, running over to where Percy is already reaching for Hazel's arm.

She looks up at them with a cheeky smile.

"Sorry boys, didn't mean to get in your way," she laughs.

Percy sighs and hauls her to her feet, but quickly grabs her more firmly when her ankle gives out and she stumbles.

Jason frowns in worry.

He quickly forgets about Hazel, confident that Percy can handle her, and nearly jumps out of his skin when a loud roar echoes through the restaurant.

He idly wonders what the mortals are seeing as he flies himself through the broken window.

Of course it's a hydra. A small one, but still. It is kind of weird that it's inside the city though.

Jason touches down and starts sprinting to where the hydra is screeching and crushing cars.

Jason knows that the stupid thing won't die unless he can get to the stupid thing's heart.

He can distantly heat Percy shout as Jason hurls himself straight at the monster.

He collides sword first and it sinks straight where he wants it to by some stroke of luck. And then the Hydra disintegrates.

Jason falls, and he hits the ground hard. His vision swims and then goes black.

*****

He wakes up to Percy's face.

"Hey," he mumbles, "that didn't go very well."

Percy laughs.

"Guess we'll have to try again," he replies, cupping Jason's cheek.

# 2

——-

The next time they don't even get to leave Jason's house.

Leo descends upon them as soon as they step outside, screaming.

That in itself isn't really unusual, but the hoard of sprites that followed behind were.

Percy sighs and pulls Leo behind him.

"What did you do now?!" Percy hears Jason hiss.

"Nothing!" Leo squeaks back, pressing as close to Percy's back as he can.

Percy just grumbles to himself, ignores them, and pulls out riptide.

The sprites are on them almost immediately, their little faces scrunched up in anger, and their voices reaching a dangerously high pitch. Percy does his best to bat them away without hurting them, but sometimes he accidentally hits one with the sharp edge of the sword and they dissolve into yellow powder. He can feel the air pressing strangely, and knows that Jason has joined in.