In Which Annabeth Strands Percy At Jason's House

"Hey guys! I...." Jason trailed off, taking in the currently unoccupied kitchen.
"They all left." Came a male voice from the living room. "Something about no air conditioning."
There was a creaking of springs and Percy appeared in the doorframe.
"And you stayed why?" Jason asked puzzled, taking in Percy's rumpled hair and noted the slight pout gracing his pink lips.

Percy leaned again the side of the doorway.
"Annabeth stole my car keys." He grumbled, obviously unimpressed. "She did it on purpose I bet because..." Percy clamped his hands over his mouth, slightly wide eyed.
"Mmm." Was Jason's only response as he stared at Percy, wondering what it was that Percy didn't want to tell him. After all, him and Percy had gotten pretty close after the breakups with respective girlfriends.
"It's really hot in hear Jase." Percy said, shuffling a bit under Jason's unwavering gaze.
"You could always lose the shirt." Jason replied halfheartedly, not really paying attention because Percy's eyes were a REALLY bright turquoisey colour.

They seemed to have taken up a staring contest and neither seemed willing to back down. They just stood on opposite sides of the small kitchen staring at each other. In the end it was Percy who averted his eyes, a dark red blush standing stark on his cheeks. When Jason lowered his eyes he saw that Percy was twirling Riptide, in pen form, in between his fingers. A nervous habit from his weeks on the street. And he didn't take his shirt off.

Jason knew he and Percy were a bit to close to be just friends. It was just a few innocent cuddles and longer than generally accepted hugs, but it was something.

"Movie?" Percy asked, voice a bit strained. Probably from Jason's constant staring.
"Sure." He replied, finally looking away and marching past Percy into the living room. As he passed he felt Percy stiffen slightly. He frowned.
They settled on Pirates of the Caribbean and Percy flopped down on the carpet floor, saying it was cooler down there.

Halfway through the movie Jason joined Percy on the floor. When Percy jumped Jason grabbed his hand and squeezed. They were both to hot to touch any more than that.

By the end of the movie Jason was laying on his back, parallel to the TV, half asleep from the heat, and Percy had his chin on Jason's stomach, staring at the rolling credits.
Their hands were still laced together and Jason was watching Percy.
Soon after Jason fell asleep and Percy was left to admire him unrestrictedly.
After a bit Percy's eyelids started to droop slightly and he turned his head so that his cheek rested on Jason's chest He could hear the steady Boom-Boom of Jason's heart and soon he was asleep as well.

~~~

When Annabeth came with Piper a few hours later to return Percy's keys after finding them still in her jacket, she found the TV dark and two teenage boys cuddled up on the floor.
"Idiots." She smiled fondly and went to grab a blanket from the closet, as it was starting to cool off. Piper followed.
"I know!" Piper whispered. "They have no idea!" She continued, half-yelling.

Annabeth eyed Piper from head to toe.
"You're okay with them?" She gestured to the boys they were walking toward. Percy and Annabeth's breakup had been mutual, but Jason had unintentionally hurt Piper pretty badly.
"I'm fine as long as they're happy. Besides," she whispered, looking slightly shyly at Annabeth. "I've moved on."
Annabeth's grey eyes studied her for a moment more before she nodded half to herself.
"Me too." She said quietly, then turned to look at the sleeping teen who had recently been covered with a quilt.
"I think Percy's fine hey? I'll leave the keys in his pocket." Annabeth said worriedly.
"Ya." Piper replied, straightening slightly, and took out her phone. She quickly snapped a picture of sleeping Percy and Jason.
"I wonder how well this would work as blackmail..." She mused.
Annabeth giggled but didn't reply.
They crept quietly out of the house, only stopping to slip a note and a set of keys into Percy's jacket.