Epilogue

Prepare to have cavities.
•••••

Percy stares at himself in the mirror.

"Are you okay?" He hears Jason ask.

Percy nods.

"I just never thought I'd be here," he replies after a moment.

The other man comes to stand behind him, and looks in the mirror over his shoulder.

Percy is gripped by the urge to explain.

"For years when I was younger I thought that love was worthless. My mom was married to a man who treated her like shit, and that was the only thing I knew. And then I was expected to save the world. I didn't think I'd live long enough to have a future. And then the wars ended and me and Annabeth just, didn't fit anymore," Percy takes a deep breath and looks at Jason, "I didn't think anyone would ever be able to understand what I'd been though. I thought I was all alone."

Jason walks around to stand in front of Percy and cups his cheek.

"I know Percy," he says quietly.

"But you've loved me and I'm so glad I get to see this," Percy continues quickly.

Jason kisses him.

"I love you," Jason whispers and holds Percy close.

Percy smiles.

"I love you too," he whispers softly back.

"It's time," Annabeth calls from the doorway.

The two men grin happily at each other.

"You two look amazing," Piper says appreciatively from beside Annabeth.

Percy looks at Jason's suit and smooths his hands down his arms.
He really does look amazing.

"Let's go," Jason says.

Percy grabs his hand and they walk out the doorway.

The aisle is lined with blue and gold, and the flowers dripping from the arches are letting out a pleasant scent.
The sea crashes at the bottom of the cliff, and the wind swirls around the demigods.

They walk hand in hand up to the stage and stand in front of the woman who was already there.

Aphrodite smiles at them.
A shout rises from the crowd gathered.
Thunder rumbles in the distance.

"Are you okay?" Jason asks.

"I've never been better in my entire life," Percy answers.

"Let's begin," Aphrodite says.

The two men turn to face each other.

"Do you two promise to always protect and love each other, even at each other's darkest?"

Percy grasps Jason's hand.

"I do."

"As do I."

"Do you have anything else to say?" Aphrodite asks them.

Jason smiles.

"I do," he says.
"Percy," he says with a solemn expression, "we've been together for a year and a half now, and it's been the most amazing and calm time of my life. I've never loved anyone so much and I can't see myself without you. I know we didn't have the easiest start and I know that for us nothing will be easy. We'll have quests to do and wars to fight, but they'll all be easier to handle if I know I can have a home with you. I love you so much Percy Jackson, and I'm so glad I'm marrying you."

Percy stands very still for a moment and then jumps into Jason.

"Thank you," he breathes into Jason's ear, "thank you, thank you, thank you."

Aphrodite looks touched.

"I've never seen a purer love," she announces.

"Percy, do you have anything to say?" She asks.

"I've said it all already, and I'm going to be saying it for the rest of my life," Percy replies, "I love you, and I thank you for reminding me what it's like to live."

Someone blows their nose in the crowd.

Aphrodite nods, "then, Jason Grace, do you take Percy Jackson as your husband?"

"I do," Jason whispers.

"And you, Percy Jackson, do you take Jason Grace as your husband?"

"I do," Percy says clearly, squeezing Jason's fingers.

"Then with the powers vested in me by my parentage and my birthright, I pronounce you husbands," Aphrodite pronounces.

Percy practically leaps into Jason's arms.

Their kiss is long and Percy can hear Grover whooping in the crowd.

Then Jason puts his hands on his checks and everything else disappears.

•••••

They dance, and grin when they see Annabeth drag Piper onto the floor.

They eat and Percy cries when his dad speaks about how proud he is.

They smile and laugh and never let go of each other the whole evening.

And when they're finally alone they are silent.

Everything is quiet, like the world is holding its breath, when Percy reaches for Jason's tie.

They've done this before, quickly and hot, and slow and sweet, they've done it dirty and they've done it sappy, but nothing means as much as this.

They're careful, like it is the first time. And they gasp softly at every movement and touch. It's slow and full to bursting with love.

They fall asleep curled close in the middle of the bed, and don't wonder even for a second about the future, because nothing matters more than being here and together.

The waves sigh and the wind whispers.
Jason curls around Percy's back.
Percy grumbles but grasps for Jason's hand.
Everything is warm and slow.
And everything carries on.

•••••

Well.
I hope you guys like it!
This is sickening sweet I know.
Leave some love and let me know if maybe you want some oneshots in this universe.

More love than Percy and Jason,
Me