Chapter 15

Just when Bambam had lied down on the sofa, dressed in sweatpants and a loose black shirt he heard loud knocking on his door.

"Bammie?" Jackson said, his voice muffled by the closed door between them. What was he even doing here?Shouldn't he be with the others?

"Please open the door you little shit. Seriously, who the fuck tells someone not to worry and then immediately goes offline?" He sounded honestly pissed and Bambam flinched at how loud Jackson's voice was now even though the door was in between them. He hurried to the door and opened it to reveal an angry Jackson.

However, every trace of anger dissolved on Jackson's features when he saw Bambam's disheveled appearance. Tear strains still visible on his cheeks, new ones threatening to fall any second. His hair was a mess, probably from running his hand through it often. A habit, Jackson noticed, Bambam had whenever he was upset. Not missing another moment, Jackson let go of the bag he was holding and engulfed the younger in a tight hug, gently rubbing circles on his back.

Bambam weakly hugged back. He thought he had already cried and shed all of his tears but when his best friend held him like that he couldn't help the sob that escaped him. He didn't fight the tears that were rolling down his cheeks and onto Jackson's shirt.

Jackson only tightened his embrace.

"Bambam, darling, we both know that when you cry, I'll cry too," Jackson tried to joke but they both knew it was true. His voice was a bit shaky already, he couldn't handle seeing his best friend upset well.

Bambam released Jackson with a teary chuckle and picked up his friend's bag. When he looked inside he saw a set of pyjamas and turned to Jackson with a raised eyebrow who just gave him a small smile.

He let the other in and went to the living room where he plopped down on the sofa, knowing Jackson would follow as soon as he had shrugged his jacket off and slipped out of his shoes.

Jackson saw his friend sitting there, staring straight ahead with his eyes not focused on anything. He would have lied if he said it didn't hurt to see the usually cheerful expression on Bambam's face.

He sat down next to Bambam, bumping his shoulder lightly with his. "What's wrong, Bams?"

"Am I not pretty enough?"

The question caught Jackson off guard and he blinked a few times. Before he could even begin to argue with Bambam about it, the other began to talk again.

"I just hoped he'd find me at least pretty enough? Yeah, maybe pretty enough to date for a bit"

It didn't seem like Bambam was talking to Jackson anymore but more to himself.

"Hang on, do you even listen to yourself?"

At that Bambam turned around to face him, obviously ripped out of whatever trance he was in. "What?"

"First of all who is 'he' and why are you talking about yourself like that?" Jackson had his brows furrowed, not believing Bambam actually said all that.

"He is Yugyeom and I talk like that because apparently it's true. Maybe i'm not just ugly but also too stupid for him?"

Jackson had to resist the urge to shake Bambam by his collar and yell at him. Something held him back though.

"Yugyeom?".

It didn't make sense.

The younger nodded, "He- You see- He had a date with Jungkook" The last part was rushed and Jackson didn't quite catch it.

"Jung-what? Cock?"

"No, Jungkook. You should have seen him Jackson. He didn't wear any makeup and still looked stunning. He looked so natural with his brown hair and- and he made Yugyeom smile so much and genuinely that it hurt. He never smiled at me like that! You should have-" The younger was nearly hyperventilating now and Jackson could see his eyes watering again.

"Bambam shut up!"

The other did as he was told, he never liked it when Jackson raised his voice at him because he barely ever did. But when he did, Bambam knew he had said something bad.

"Have you seen the two?"

He nodded.

"Did they see you?"

"No, I don't think so"

"But most importantly did Yugyeom tell you he had a date?"

"Yes, he even asked what he should wear"

Even though Jackson would like nothing more than to punch Yugyeom flat in his face he had to be calm about it in order to not upset Bambam any further.

The younger wiped his eyes with the sleeve of his shirt, chuckling at how pathetic he was acting.

"Look at me," Jackson demanded and Bambam met his eyes reluctantly.

"You are one of the prettiest people I have ever seen. Hell, don't you remember how many boys questioned their sexuality in highschool because of you? I mean, I can't blame them" He joked and was met with a barely noticeable smile. He took that as a win.

"But your looks aren't what makes you so amazing. You're the nicest and, admittedly, weirdest person and honestly? I couldn't ask for anyone else as my best friend"

"Tha-"

"I'm not finished yet," He cut him off and Bambam shut his mouth again, "So stop saying bullshit or I'll hit you. If that fucker of a guy doesn't see how gorgeous you are, inside and out, he can kindly piss off for all I care. You don't need someone like Yugyeom. And now come here," He said and opened his arms. Bambam eyed him in confusion.

"You always cuddled me when I had boy trouble in highschool so let me return the favor now"

He didn't have to say that twice. Immediately Bambam scooted closer to his best friend and laid his head on his chest even though he was the taller one.

"Thank you, Jackson"

"Anytime"

"I'm sorry that you can't spend time with Jinyoung and the others," Bambam mumbled against the fabrics Jackson's shirt, "You didn't have to come"

"I wouldn't have enjoyed myself when I know you aren't feeling well. Also I spend every day with Jinyoung, I'm sure he's happy to have an evening for himself"

He could feel the older chuckle, "Sometimes I think he would ditch me for some peanuts"

"I'm sure that's not true"

"Yes, why have peanuts when he can have my nuts"

"Goddammit Jackson"

The two fell asleep like that, cuddled up and Bambam felt like they were small kids again.

That was till the next morning when they got woken up by loud knocking on the door.

-

A/N:
Hehe the next chapter will be from Yugyeom's POV

I hope you all had a great weekend and I wish you an amazing start into the next week!

Good luck with work/school~
Love you ♥️