I giggled. "You know, Simon, right?" I said.

"Of course, I do!" Gracie sounded insulted. "You make it sound like I don't notice him or something."

"Whatever," I responded. "Anyways, yesterday me and Simon were talking about how my mom's planning a Debut for me--"          

Graice's eyes widened. "Really?" She cried. "Oh my goodness! My sister's friend invited me to one last year and it was so cool!" She wore that big grin on her face whenever she gets excited for some sort of celebration or party.

"Yeah, yeah," I said with a wave of my hand. "But back to Simon-- I told him that I'd probably pair him up with you for the Grand Cotillion Dance and did you know what his reaction was?"

Graice frowned. "Did he vomit or something?" She asked slowly.

I chuckled . "He blushed," i answered. 

Gracie's eyes widened. "W-what...?"

"I think he likes you."

"You're lying."

"No, I'm not!" I cried in defence. 

Graice grinned as she laughed. "Aw," she said. "That's cute. Are you really going to pair me up with him for your Debut? I won't mind."

I nodded. "Yep," I said. "Besides, you suck at dancing so you need a partner that can dance like Simon."

"Hey!" Gracie said punching me in the arm. "You're not good of a dancer either."

I laughed as I got up. "I know," I agreed. "I'm probably worst."

"You can say that again but hey," Gracie stood up and looked at me with creased eyebrows. "Who's going to be your partner then? Vincent, maybe--"

I nearly choked on the air that I was breathing. "Vincent?" I repeated. "Why would he want to be my partner for my Debut? It's not like I mean anything to him." Graice raised an eyebrow at me and i rolled my eyes. "Come on, we need to get ready for the movies tonight."

Just as I was about to open Gracie's closet to look for a shirt I could borrow, Gracie blurted out a question I thought I would never hear again. "Do you like Vincet Gray?" She asked. The minute those words came out her mouth, my mind went back to the time when she had asked the same question to me in ninth grade. I could almost feel the blush rushing through my cheeks the same way it had two years ago. Shit.

"No," i said smoothly. 

It was a good thing that I had my back facing towards Gracie or else she would have noticed I was biting my lips-- a habit of mine whenever I was lying.

I could feel Gracie raising her eyebrows at me. "Are you sure though?" She asked. 

"Yes, I'm sure."

"Why can't you make amends with Vincent though?" Gracie persisted. "Its kind of sad seeing two of you not getting along---"

I sighed as I opened Gracie's closet. Almost immediately my eyes were blinded with bursts of different bright colours. I tired to ignore Gracie's question but she had repeated herself once more. With another sigh, I grabbed Gracie's jean jacket from the hanger and closed her closet shut. After putting it on, I turned around and shrugged. "Easier said than done," I stated. "Vincent's not the same guy he was before two years ago."

Gracie sighed as she walked over to her closet and pulled out a loose red blouse.  "I have a feeling you guys are going to make up soon," she said. "But anyways, do you think this blouse will look good on me?" She held up the blouse and I burst into laughter. "What's wrong with it?" She pouted like a little girl.