Dates with the past

Annabeth's POV
"Luke." I saw him standing in front of a shop window, admiring the different candies that were stacked up on the shelves. He turned towards me with a small smile.

"Annabeth."

I stuffed my hands into my pockets not sure what I should say first. Should I just come out and be direct with him? Or should I ease my way in the conversation?

"Uh..so hows it going?" I asked chewing my lip nervously. Luke gave me a look.
"You mean to call me out here just to ask how I'm doing. What's really going on here Ananbeth?"

I sighed. Luke was always very good at reading people. It's what attracted me to him so easily.

"I...I just was wandering..." I started. Luke stepped closer to me. "Yes?" I shook my head. "Can we go get coffee or something? I cannot talk to you like this on the middle of a sidewalk." Like rolled his eyes but with a smile. "Sure."

"So what do you want to know?" Luke asked as we sat down at a small table in the back of a Starbucks. Both of my hands were on my hot drink that instantly warmed my entire body.

"How do you know I want something?" I asked. Luke smiled. "Because I know your a curious person. I also know that you want to know why the hell we are back." I laughed. "Ok so you do know what I want." Luke leaned back in his chair.

"Why does it matter? We are back now...nothing really has changed." I snorted. "Um no. Everything has changed. Why are you guys so secretive about it?" Luke shrugged. "Ask Perseus yourself." I sighed. "Don't do that to me. I came to you because I knew you would give me answers." Luke sat forwards. "I am not apart of Perseus's family as much as I want to be. They may of adopted me into it, but it gives me no right to talk about their personal problems. That is theirs to tell." "What is the big deal?!" I hissed. "You guys are making it sound like there was a murder or something!" Luke rolled his eyes. "Annabeth if you are that curious, ask Percy yourself. You obviously still love him." My face contorted form angry—to shocked. "I do not love Percy Jackson, Luke! I just want to know what the hell is going on! Because last time I checked, the family was broke and now they are living in an actual penthouse?!" Luke's face remained calm. "I'm just his friend. I'm still trying to win back his trust and I will not loose it because of you." I knit my eyebrows. "What are you talking about?"
Luke shrugged. Once Percy figured out that you and I were a thing a while ago, he didn't really trust me. He thought I still love you. So now that he and I are on good terms, I do not want to dishonor his trust."
I rolled my eyes.
"You two sound like middle school girls."
Luke smirked. "Yes well if I must act like one, at least I get my best friend back, Annabeth."
I stared at him. How perfect he looks on the outside but only a mask covering what is truly on the inside.
Luke was one of the hardest people I have ever tried to see through. Percy too but at least he opened up about himself whilst Luke..he just shut me out.
"You May have been my girlfriend once Annabeth, but that doesn't mean I have to tell you about my best fiend—also a former boyfriend."

Ok so Luke does not love Annabeth!
Yay! Less competition!
So I just tweaked this former chapter for the many more that plays after which will be updated tonight (my time)
Thank you for the support!