Likeaboss

Warning
F bombs will be dropped

Annabeth's POV
"I can't," I whispered pulling away. Percy tilted my chin back towards him. "Annabeth.." I shook my head standing up. "Percy I can't do this any more. I was finally getting over you and now your back and I don't know what to do!" Percy remained seated on the couch as he looked at me. He ran a hand through his dark hair and sighed. "Annabeth I love you. I never gave up on you when I was in Greece. You are the reason I had hope on coming back." Tears welled up in my eyes but I quickly wiped them away. I can't be crying over Percy. He was the past. I need to focus on the now. Mark. The man who makes me so happy and vise-versa. "Stop." I whispered standing up. "I..I can't..I don't love you Percy. I don't." Percy kept his expression neutral. "I have Mark now. He makes me happy. I'm so happy with him and I really like him." Percy stood up. "Do you love him?" I raised an eyebrow. "What?" Percy took a step closer to me. "Do you love him." I shook my head walking away. "I-Well..I mean.." Percy smiled. "Then I still have a chance."

Time skippp

The next morning was pretty uneventful—not! I eventually went back to Thalia's room to sleep after having that extremely awkward conversation with Percy and woke up some What refreshed. Sally had prepared a delicious breakfast that included eggs, ham, and bell peppers. Percy would rarely make eye contact with me when we were eating making me feel a bit annoyed. He would smile at me when he caught me staring making me even more mad. He's playing with my mind like a pro.

It was nice hanging out with Thalia and Piper again. I really did miss our sleepovers even if it was a Percy's house. Seeing Sally was a nice too. I have always seen her as my own mother and really do love her. Percy's lucky to have such a wonderful mom.
"Annabeth have you finished your homework?" My dad asked walking into my room. I looked up from the book i was reading—Waiting for God which is actually a very good book. Better than I thought it would be. "Yes why?" My father rubbed the the back of his head as if he were nervous. "You..Uh..you have a visitor."

I didn't understand why my dad was so nervous until I reached the door where Percy was standing with that mischievous smile. His hands were in his pockets and his tan seemed to glow. For a whole minute, no one said anything. I just stared at Percy as he patiently waited for me to say something. My father was also quiet. "You- your back!" My dad finally spoke. Percy smiled extended his hand to my dad. "It has been a while Mr. Chase." My dad shook Percy's hand and looked at me. "Did you know about this?" I nodded stiffly crossing my arms over my chest. "Actually yes. What are doing here Percy?" Percy shrugged. "Just thought I would stop by. Maybe go on a walk or something." I rubbed my temples. He is not doing this to me right now. "I can't. I'm actually really busy with homework." Percy just smiled more. "We both know you are ahead on your studies. Besides, it is such a beautiful day out." My dad still was looking at Percy in awe, as if he couldn't believe he was actually here, standing in our doorway. I can't believe it either dad.

"I really can't." I Said through gritted teeth. "I have plans." Percy shrugged. "When do your plans start? We can make this quick." I shook my head in bewilderment. This boy just won't give up! "Percy I honestly—" "Cmon Annabeth. You could use a break. Go on with Percy." My dad said. I looked at him with wide eyes. Who's side is he on?!

I kissed my teeth as I grabbed my bag from the hook by the door. "Fine. 30 minutes and then I'm coming back." Percy gave me his lopsided smile. "Perfect."

"What the hell is wrong with you?!" I moved in front of Percy as he made his way on the sidewalk. He shrugged. "Just wanted to see you. How's school?" I shook my head. "Percy stop. What are you doing here? Why are you back?" Percy chewed his lip as if he were nervous. "I got my green card." I pushed his arm. "How? Because before you left, you couldn't even afford a damn yellow card!" Percy took a shaky breath. "It really does not matter Annabeth. I am back now. Everything will go back to normal now." I shook my head at him in amazement. "Are you fucking kidding me?! Everything about this is not normal! You literally just showed up out of thin air and you expect me to let the fact that your here, stay a mystery?! I thought we told each other everything!" Percy sighed turning towards me. We were at Central Park. Percy and I always seem to end up at Central Park. "It is just very complicated. And besides, it honestly does not matter what you care. You are no longer mine no?" I turned away from him. "I hate you." Percy said nothing. I turned around and faced him, finally letting all of the pent up emotions that have been locked inside me come out. "I thought you cared about me! I thought you loved me!" Percy's eyebrow rose slightly but his face remained neutral and calm making me even more mad. "I did." "Then why won't you tell me what the hell is going on?" I cried. "For eight fucking months!" I took a breath "For eight months, I didn't know what to do with myself. You just disappeared as if this were just another one of your flings. You left me heartbroken!" Percy opened his mouth to speak but I beat him to it. "And I don't want to here it that you 'loved me' shit. Believe me, I know things about you Perseus. I know everything." Percy's eyes seemed a little broken and hurt but he quickly hid it and composed himself.

"You are not listening to me Annabeth. There are things that you do not know...things that would make you hate me." "Then fucking tell me!" I yelled. "Stop being so secretive and fucking tell me what the fuck is going on!"

Percy said nothing. I was full on crying and was waiting for him to answer. No answer came. I shook my head. "I don't even know why I try with you. There is no trust here. There never was. Good bye Percy."