Promises

Annabeth's POV
"Hey Annabeth!" Piper ran over to me with a big smile on her face. I shut my locker door and turned towards the brown haired girl. "Hey Pipes." She looked really excited making me feel nervous. Uh oh. She's up to something. "You will never believe what I did for us!" "What did you do?" "I got us dates with these two really hot twins! It's fate!"

I laughed uncertainly. Piper has a different way of getting over her pain and that's Boys. Ever since they left, she's been single and ready to mingle while I am single but not ready to mingle. I haven't really thought about dating or seeing other people. I frowned "Ok.." She rolled her eyes. "Oh come on Annie! It will be fun! You need a boyfriend anyway!"

I shifted my weight as I thought about it. I do need to get out of the house more..and I could use a little fun..besides—I might actually have a good time and forget about him. "Yeah. I'm in." I Said making her eyes widen. "Really? Are you serious?" I smiled rolling my eyes. "Yes Pipes I am serious." She squealed as she hugged me. "Oh thank you thank you thank you! This will so much fun!"

When I got home, Helen was there in the kitchen fixing Matthew and Bobby a snack. I was heading up the stairs when she stopped me. "You got a letter today." I furrowed my brow. A letter? Who sends letters these days? Helen grabbed a brown envelope and passed it to me. And sure enough it said my name and address. I looked to see where it came from but it was so messed up that I couldn't read it. This letter literally went through hell to get here. "Thanks." I walked up stairs still examining the letter and sat on my bed. I tore it open carefully and unfolded the white paper.

Annabeth,
Weeks have passed since I have moved and I am finally settled into my home. We managed to buy my childhood home back and all is doing well. Luke lives only a couple houses away from me with his mom and is doing great. Life has been very difficult without you and I want you to know that I think of you all the time. I know we ended things but that still did not change my feelings towards you. Thalia, Jason, Nico, Hazel, and I all go to the same school and it is different. Those four beautiful years in America were the best of my life especially the last one with you. My mother still cooks amazing meals and is always talking of you. My younger half brother—Tyson has moved in with us and is doing well. I know I never told you about him and I am sorry. He wants to meet you so badly and is in awe of your beautiful blonde hair. Not many blondes are here in Greece so you would defiantly make an impression here. I hope you still think of me because I love you so much and could not imagine you with someone else. Say hello to Piper for me and also Grover. Jason has a new girlfriend now and is happy with her but not as happy as he was with Piper. My English is slowly fading away and I try to keep it but now that I am back home, there is no need. I miss you Wise Girl and love you very much. I will see you again and when I do, I will never let you go. Love you.
—Perseus Jackson

My hand was over my mouth as I quietly sobbed. He wrote me. After four months he finally wrote me. I laid my head back on my pillow and looked up at the ceiling. He still loves me.