nail shops & spicy salmon

Start from the beginning

"I can understand that," Sanai bit her lip, thinking about the way he'd been acting the past few days, "so...he deleted Moriah's number."

"Really?" the other girl's eyes widened a little bit, "that's a huge step."

"I mean, of course he remembers the number, but he hasn't called it or anything. I'm proud, but, like, don't want him to feel like I'm pressuring him."

"I feel like you doing that's is kinda good. The rate Bobby was going before you got here was kinda on the brink of a therapy-seeking step than anything."

"Right. I can see that," Sanai nodded. Her phone vibrated in her jacket pocket and she quickly answered it, "speaking of the devil. Hey, Robert."

"Dude, are you still at the nail place?" he frowned at the camera. He looked so cute.

"Yes."

"Nigga," he smacked his lips, "you get off ya damn flight and go straight to get your nails done with some bald, Humpty Dumpty headass? It's been eighty six years."

"My guy, mind yours and leave my head out of this," Jelisa flicked him off, "lookin' like the monkey off Planet Sheen."

"Tell Jelisa to calm her ass down."

"She can hear you, babe," Sanai smiled at her phone, "what are you doing?"

"Will and I are getting haircuts as we speaketh," what a fucking dork.

"Why?" Sanai pouted at him.

"What?"

"I like it when you hair is like that," she said, watching the nail tech open the bottle of nail polish.

"You do?" he raised a brow at her, "I used to keep it like this, then I got this damn job."

"I like it," because, like, it was hard to explain. Bobby's hair was currently in those cute little phases where his waves were growing out and...wow. Amazing kid.

"So then what should I do?" he asked. Ugh.

"I think you should just get a line up. That hairline is kinda struggling."

"Oh I fucking heard you," he chuckled, rubbing his beard, "I got you. What are we eating tonight?"

"Surprise me."

"Heard you yet again. I already have something in mind," he was now sitting in the barbershop lobby.

"Okay."

"I just wanted to check on you," Bobby said, adjusting the earphone in his ear, "I got bored quick."

"I'm fine," Sanai ignored Jelisa gushing over them both, "you?"

"Superb," he laughed and so did she, "I'm probably going to the grocery store to get some stuff so text me if you need anything."

"Alright, Cool—actually..."

"What?"

"I need panty liners," she whispered into the phone, making him laugh louder.

"What kind?"

"It's like...Always or something. I'll send you a picture."

"Okay. I got you. Anything else? You want some damn tampons while I'm at it?"

"No I'm currently stocked up," she ignored his sarcasm and puckered her lips smugly, "thank you, though."

"I hate you so much. Okay, I'll see you later."

"Okay. Thank you."

"No problem, babes," he smiled brightly, "oh wait! Hol' up."

"Yah?"