"cinquante-quatre"

CHAPTER FIFTY FOUR
▃▃▃▃▃▃       

i kept my eyes closed, arms crossed to my chest and i inhale the scent of the brewed coffee and among other hot drinks and desserts, it kept me at ease. i open my eyes when hearing a bell ring and had the guess it was you since barely anybody came into the coffee shop that afternoon.

it was fairly quiet, only two people and each one at their own corners. i look up to see you smiling down at me, i smile back and stand up, before you could lean down to kiss me, i already wrapped my arms around your torso and placed my chin onto your shoulder.

for a moment, you seemed to become tense but it didn't take long for you to hug me back and caress my back.

"i already ordered you a hot chocolate, it's been a while though, it might be a bit cold." i smile while taking a seat back down. you nodded your head and took a seat before me, taking small sips at first from the drink until starting to take large ones and finishing it.

you hummed and placed the branded mug back onto the table, a smile curled on your lips.

"so, why did you want to meet up here when we could've waited to see each other at home?" you laughed and i did the same, my arms crossed themselves yet again and i smile sadly down at my lap for a few seconds until finally looking up to you.

"jungkook?" you hummed and your smile widened. "i know you've been seeing tzuyu behind my back."

it took some time for you to process my words, slowly, your eyes widened, your smile faltering and your lips parted from the sudden shock, i just continued to smile painfully at you.

you had gone completely silent and i decided to continue.

"i also know that has been going for months." i add and lift my own mug to my lips and take a sip from my bittersweet coffee. "you can't hide anything from me now, anything you want to say?"

your eyes flicker back and forth between places.

"lisa... i'm sorry, I —"

"i forgive you, jungkook, i really do." i lean forward in my seat. "i'm here to tell you the entire truth." you look at me, confused and it felt as if someone had been pulling the string of my heart at that moment.

"i've also done things behind your back, but i did it right after finding out you were seeing tzuyu, you weren't the only one fooling everyone around and lying." you looked even more shocked at my confession.

"so, that guy..."

i nodded my head and sighed beneath my breath. "yes. i was with yukhei the entire time." you looked down, your fingers lanced themselves and you hid half of your face behind them.

you had gone quiet.

until i hear you sob and watch crystalline tears slowly roll down your pink tainted cheeks, your shoulders trembled and i could do nothing about it really, i watched with a pained smile of my own.

"i'm sorry, lisa, i'm so sorry." you cried quietly and i bit into my lower lip. "i-i really don't know what gave into me, i'm sorry." you apologised.

my hands finally reached out to you and patted your hair, you dark hair that i once loved so much to run my fingers through.

"i'm sorry too, jungkook."