Chapter 22

What Pierre did to Yukino was horrible, it was unforgivable. Never in my life have I ever felt this hatred to a person. I don't think 'hate' is even enough to describe how I feel about him. Because he... he's awakening the darkness in my heart.

"Nee-sama, I'm scared..." Yukino cried, tugging on her elder sister's clothes tightly as Sorano hugged her.

When the black light disappeared, we discovered that those scars were concealed by Pierre, and were actually already there. Healing magic weren't enough to permanently remove them, as some were really deep, and the only thing we could do was wrap bandages around her whole arms to cover the ugliness.

"I'll kill him..." I muttered, clenching my fists tightly as I watched my friend crying, fear obvious in her face.

What I experienced in the prison is nothing compared to what that asshole excuse of a human did to Yukino. He's unforgivable... he doesn't deserve to live.

The darkness I'm feeling faded as I felt a familiar hand tugged on mine, intertwining our figers as he tightened his grip. I turned to see Cobra looking at me with worry, and that was when I realized how sinister my expression and presence has become.

"Lucy, control yourself. We... We were once eaten by darkness because of hatred, I don't want the same thing to happen to you." I heard Meredy utter beside me, her hand on my shoulder as she looked at me with worry.

I closed my eyes and took deep breaths to calm myself. They're right, they're right. But damn it... I just... I just can't erase the hatred I feel right now.

"Lucy-sama... Calm down, okay?"

My attention turned to Yukino as she smiled at me, but her eyes still painted fear. How she tries to act alright just to calm me down is really nice of her. How could Pierre do such awful things to a wonderful person such as Yukino?!

I took another deep breath and nodded, glancing at everyone before I smiled. They're right, I shouldn't let this darkness in my heart consume me. Fairy Tail would be disappointed, mama and papa would be disappointed, and even my spirits. I'm Lucy, and I walk in the path of light.

"I-I'm sorry..." I smiled apologetically, then sighing as I looked down on the floor. "I just can't help it."

Jellal decided it was best for us to get rest, since we'll be leaving early tomorrow, and they're planning to tip the magic council about the location of this inn, and it's up to them to do whatever they will.

I headed to my sleeping bag which was just next to Cobra's, where he's already lying down using both his hands as his pillow as he stared at the ceiling. His gaze landed on me as I reached the foot of my sleeping bag.

Cobra sat up just as I lied down, facing the ceiling. He shifted his position, and is now lying down on his side facing me, using his elbow to support his weight as he placed his head on his palm. I could feel him staring at me, and normally I'd blush but right now, my mind was occupied with worries and fears.

"Hey..." Cobra called in a whisper, his other hand resting on top of mine that was on my tummy.

I glanced at him and smiled weakly, but I can't help but admire how attractive he was, and how beautiful his snake-like eyes were, but sadly he lost the other. I wonder if I could get Porlyusica-san to give him an artificial eye just like Erza? Well... I doubt. Not for now.

"We're here for you." Cobra moved his hand from the top of mine up to my cheek, caressing my skin gently as our gazes locked. "I'm here. Always."

I sure hope what he's saying is true...

"Are you sure? You might get tired of me." I lightly chuckled, low enough not to wake the others up.

Cobra brushed my hair to the side, pushing himself forward as he planted a kiss on my forehead. "Are you doubting my feelings?"