Chapter 20

Hand in hand, we got back in the inn, only to see the serious and gloomy expressions of everyone.

Scanning the place, almost everyone was present, including Yukino who was still asleep. Everyone but Sorano.

"Did something happen?" I asked, worry rising as several ugly speculations formed in my mind. I turned to Meredy in question, and she sighed before looking away.

"Angel broke down... and then ran away. When we tried to chase her, she attacked us, so... I guess it's best to leave her alone for now."

I frowned. "But why?"

"I'm not sure but... I think Yukino is her long lost sister. They resemble each other and she's been off since we found Yukino."

"She is." Cobra confirmed, and that was enough for us to be sure. No more questions, since we all know he heard Sorano's thoughts for him to know about that.

It was then when a flashback of me and Yukino being kept in the palace prison appeared in my mind. She told me about her big sister who'd always protect her, but was taken away by cultists. After a lot has happened, it left my mind. But still, not being able to tell their resemblance... I feel stupid.

We stayed quiet for a while, when our silence was broken by Yukino coughing. I hurried to her side to see how she was, and slowly, her eyes opened. Our gazes immediately met, and I could see the fear in her eyes.

Yukino sat up, fear was all her expression. She brought her shaking hands to her face and tears started to fall. "I will tell his beloved Lucy what happens when she refuses Pierre-sama." She tonelessly uttered, almost robotic. That was when I noticed her dull and empty eyes.

"I can't hear her thoughts." I heard Cobra mumble before I turned my complete attention back to Yukino.

"Yukino, what happened?!"

"Pierre-sama broke Yukino out from prison. He gave her clothes, fed her, and retrieved her keys. But Pierre-sama was enraged. He raped Yukino, tortured her and almost killed her. Pierre-sama will find Lucy-sama, and he will do the same. Yukino is here as a warning. Fear Pierre-sama." After she said those words in a robotic way, her eyes returned to normal, and her expression turned confused.

"H-Huh? Where am I?"

But what I heard from her made me enraged. How dare he?! How evil could he be?! How can he do such terrible things to Yukino?! She doesn't have anything to do with this!

My fists curled into a tight ball, and my anger in Pierre rose even more. I don't just want to kill him... I want to make him suffer. I will never forgive him for involving my friend.

My attention was brought back to Yukino when she suddenly screamed, hugging herself as she shook uncontrollably. Tears continously fell from her eyes as she curled herself into a fetal position.

"Yukino!" I called worriedly, taking her to my arms as I whispered calming words to her ear.

"He's a monster! He's a monster!" Yukino cried, still shaking but she seemed to calm a little as she buried herself in my arms.

The others looked at her in pity and worry before they decided to give us some space, so she could calm down. Meredy went out to buy some food for her.

"Shh, I'm here Yukino. I won't let him touch you again." I combed her lightblue hair soothingly, and it seems to work as her breathing started to stabilize.

"Lucy-sama..."

I smiled warmly at her, nodding to urge her to continue what she wanted to say.