Chapter Sixteen (Edited)

The last Chapter as well as this chapter is the one that I've been working on this past week. The chapters will now go back (after this chapter) to being 12-20 pages long instead of the short ones that I edited just so we could get to this point. Again I apologize. 

For anyone going directly to this chapter for the story save me. You will need to re read seeing as how I changed everything and have edited it. 

Thank you guys so much! 

I saw his emeralds visibly darken a shade, causing me to fall back against the chair. Before I could open my mouth a rather round man approached our table. He was no doubt the chef of the restaurant. Seeing as he wore a whit a chef's coat.

Every bit of his was round, his belly, is face, even his large hands were swollen and rather round looking. Jameson stood up and gave the man a tight hug, kissing him on both cheeks. French. This man was undoubtably french.

"Itz been awhile my friend!" The round man gushed, his accent confirming my prior thoughts.

"Don't over exaggerate, Peter. I came here last week" Jameson chuckled.

"Yez! A whole veek vithout zeeing you! Zeven mealz zat I have thought of. Zat you haven't tazted! But you are here, with a.." He paused to turn his round finger towards me. Large blue eyes peered at me though a set of perfectly round pair of glasses. "A voman friend?! You muz introuduze uzz"

I was still seated, seeing it only polite I went to stand." No! No! Mademoizelle, don't zand! Please, I don't viz to inconvenience you." He pressed a large muddy hand to my shoulder, pressing me back down in the chair.

My eyes went wide for a second. He wasn't gripping me in any kind of painful manner, but it was still sent a lance of panic through my body. My eyes darted wildly around, before settling on the green eyes angel infant of me. He clearly saw my panic and made his way over to my seat. I had no clue what he was going to do, but when he placed a soft kiss on my forehead. My overwhelming sense of dread began to vanish.

"This is my friend Bryn." He stated from behind me. His right hand rests on my right shoulder and began to rub and the tense muscles in my shoulders. I couldn't help but involuntarily lean into him. The hand on my left shoulder disappeared. This must've been his plan all along.

A pleasant shiver ran down my spine as he continued to rub at the tense muscles."Itz a pleazure to finally meet one of Jamezon'z lady friendz. I vaz beginning to vorry zat he vaz" He leaned closer to me. His eyes seemed incredibly large at this point, and mo amount of shoulder rubs could distract me. "Gay" He whispered, very close to my face.

"You thought I was gay?" Jameson chuckled again.

The chef waved his hand dismissively before straightening up. "No matter. I zall be back shortly with your mealz" He bowed deeply and I wondered for a moment if he would be able to right himself. But he surprised me by standing up and teetering off in the direction he came from.

"His name is peter." Jameson started as he walked over to a large window and pulled a small basket from it. "He helps me run the place." As he sat back down I noticed that there was several different colored breads in the basket.

My stomach growled, I hadn't realized how hungry I was. I grabbed a small loaf and eagerly dug in. The flavor of sourdough bread perfectly prepared exploded over my tongue. I couldn't help the small smile that formed on my lips. It was only then that I registered what Jameson said.

"He helps you run the place? Does that mean that you own this place?" I questioned around a mouthful of bread. I blushed and covered my mouth.

Jameson smirked at me. "I think you're supposed to swallow before you talk."