Chapter Two(Edited)

The doctors and nurses seem to never leave me alone. They flit about my hospital room checking my vitals and so on and so forth. Whenever someone gets too close to me, or someone enters my personal space you can hear the heart monitor rapidly beeping.

I flush again as a good looking male doctor comes to check my wrappings on my ribs. My heart monitor started blaring rapidly as he lifted up my night gown to look at me. I couldn't help it, it wasn't because he was attractive, it was because I felt this horrible sense of dread. I don't think I could live through another round of that. The doctor looked up with sympathetic eyes, making me squirm in my bed. I didn't know if I liked that look or not.

"Is your mother around here" the good looking doctor asked politely?

"No, I think she went back home to get some of my stuff....But why do you ask?" I said softly

"Well, we have some results we took a few days ago and I was wanting to share them with her."

I was a bit perplexed as why he wanted to share them with her not me. I was the patient after all, the one who should know this information.

I raised my voice a little "Well, I am the patient." I said slowly trying to figure a way to put it nicely. "Shouldn't I be the one being informed about what the results are?" And before I could stop it from slipping out. "Not her?"

The doctor shot me an unreadable look before nodding slowly and saying. "Well, I guess you would find out eventually, Though I have no doubt you already know most of what I'm going to say..." He trailed off towards the end of the sentence. "I was just hoping that someone you were close to could tell you or at least be here." He took an intense interest in my feet, refusing to make eye contact with me.

I just stared at him for what seemed to be a good minute. I hadn't been comfortable around my mom for the past two years. I couldn't stop the thought no matter how hard I tried. I knew they were horrible, that had to atlas count for something. I sighed softly, apparently the doctor thought that was a sign.

He quickly grabbed my folder from the bin outside the room and opened it. His eye flitted up from the page to look at the clock then at me, only to shortly return to the pages of paper.

"Are you sure you don't want to wait for your mother to get back, I'm sure she won't be long." He tried again.

I was quickly becoming agitated, though it felt nice to feel something other than that numbness that seemed to be my constant companion. I was getting tired of him stalling. I already knew what had happened to me. No matter how hard I tried to block out the painful memories, they were slashed so deeply in my brain that there was no hope of ever forgetting. So it wasn't like he was going to be telling me anything new.

"For the love of god!" I groaned. He took that as a signal to continue without my mother. "Well, physically you have three bruised ribs. But luckily nothing seems to be broken." He said this while putting up and x-ray they had done earlier. I think I knew that much, I could feel the dull ache every time I breathed.

"On top of that you have numerous burns on your shoulders back and thighs, along with a concussion. There seems to be..." The good looking doctor struggled for words as he clipped a new picture of x-rays up. "There seems to be a few breaks that have been set and healed. It looks like your shoulder has been dislocated several times and you have broken your left arm twice." He pointed to the X-ray of my left arm. My eyes scanned over all the other X-rays. I knew about all these breaks, I remember each one like it had happened but a few hours ago. He continued on, unswear of the images that seemed to plague my brain.