Chapter Eight (Edited)

"Didn't you know it's rude to spy on people?" My back slammed against the wall as he completely closed the distance between us. His boots pressed against my toes as he leered down at me. I went to shuffle to the side in attempts to gain some distance between us but his arms trapped me.

I was caged. My teeth started to chatter as panic coursed through my system. He was going to hit me. I could see it in his eyes. It was the same look that Jeff had when he was about to do something.

You deserve it.

The voice seemed to echo in my head as Jameson lowered his face to mine. My breath hitched in my throat as his eyes were now on the same level as my own. But no matter how badly I wanted to look into his eyes I knew what I would see. Pure unfiltered rage. My teeth started to chatter in my head as I pushed my nails into the palms of my hands. The pain allowed me to start to think straight.

I felt my mask slip into place. My breath that was coming out in short pants slowed down. And the panic that was coursing through my veins went numb. I receded into the back of my mind. I was as safe as I could possibly be.

Rough hands gently grabbed my chin and tilted it up, but my eyes were no longer seeing. My eyes had slipped close as soon as I entered into my safe place. It wasn't so much as a location, it was just flashes of images in my head. My bed back home-before my Mother and father had separated-was a pink fluffy princess bed. My mom wrapping her arms around me and rocking me whenever I woke up from a nightmare. Memories like that.

The hands softly pushed my hair away from my face. There was a mumbling noise, like someone was talking. I felt my eyebrows scrunch together as the hands softly traced the circles under my eyes. The fingers moved down and gently brushed my bottom lip, my lips involuntarily parted. I kept my eyes closed, afraid if I opened them I would be meet with a pair of emerald eyes. And those eyes did something to me overtime I looked at them.

The pad of his finger traced my upper lip as the mask I had worked so hard to prefect, cracked. My eyes flew opened when I felt warm breath fan my face. There was so many emotions racing through my body when I finally meet his eyes. But the strongest one that pulsed through my veins was Fear and Panic.

His eyes were so intense as his face crept closer to my own. With every inch he closer between our bodies my heart rate increased. I had to get away. His body was so warm, it was like he was designed to be the perfect trap. I just wanted to stay close to him, to be enveloped in his warmth. But I knew what would happen in the end. With shaky fingers and uneven breathing I grasped his wrist. Momentarily distracting him from his intentions, whatever they were. I used this distraction to break away.

I blindly ran from the kitchen, my feet seemed to know where to go. I arrived to my room only moments before he did. The sound of thunder was outside my door as Jameson pounded on it. But the rain was inside my room. Running down my cheeks.

I locked my door. Tears still ran down my face as the mask I had worked so hard to prefect over the years came crumbling apart.

Jameson had pounded on the door for hours. At first he was demanding me to open the door, threatening to kick my door down if I didn't unlock it. At that point in time I had pushed a chair under the door knob. The wall seemed to shudder as Jameson threw his weight against the door. He repeated the action several times before cursing and changing his tactics. It moved to begging. He begged me to open the door. Apologizing came next, in more then just one language.

At some point in time I must've dozed off because Jeff soon came to visit me. His hands were always on my shoulders or neck. He loved to watch my face every time he implanted the tip of his cigarette into my shoulder. This was the reason I had built up my mask. In the beginning I had begged and pleaded for him to stop. I screamed at first, when hit or burnt me. But after watching him, I had realized that he fed off my reactions. Unfortunately for me it was hard hiding my emotions, I had grown up with an over emotional woman and my mother. So it was only natural for me to express my emotions as well.

I had thought that if I didn't react Jeff would stop. At first he was frustrated, the 'play time' stoped for a week. Unfortunately I had thought I had won, but thats when he got all different kind of 'toys'. And he started training me...

I jerk myself out of my dream and sat up with a start on my bed. I hadn't remembered moving to my bed. My eyes darted to the door, it was still fully intact so I must've walked over here. I rolled over so my face was buried in the overstuffed pillow and sighed.

The door remained closed for another two days. The only way I knew time was passing was the rise and fall of the sun, seeing as there was no clocks in my room, in any of the rooms actually. I went to the bathroom and took a shower at one point in time. But I always made my way back to the bed. There wasn't much I could do except lay there and look up at the ceiling or sleep.

At first I had fought of the tendrils of sleep that wrapped themselves around me. I knew if I closed my eyes I would be greeted with flashbacks and nightmares. But I had finally succumbed when the only light that poured in the windows, was the false light from the city below. For some reason after that initial nightmare I had experienced, I never had another dream. Blissful nothingness greeted me when I slept. 

Don't forget to Vote and Comment

X.o.X.o

P.H.B.