Chapter Nine (Edited)

When my stomach started to growl too loudly for me to ignore, I decided I needed to leave the room. I slowly creeped over to the door, staring at the sleek silver door knob. My stomach growled again, there was no time for dramatics. If he was outside that door he was just going to have to move. I had more important matters to see to.

With shaky hands I unlocked the door and turned the knob. Peeking out from the small slit in my door, I saw that there was no one in the hallway. It was now or never.

My thick fluffy socks made my footfalls silent as I creeped down the hall way. Unfortunately for me I couldn't quite remember what direction, I took a left at the Y in the cross roads and hoped for the best. I took in my surroundings as I crept down the hall. Dark hardwood floors were underfoot, while art work hung strategically placed on the white walls.

I passed through a large ornate doorway into what seemed like a foyer . This place wasn't a house, it was a god damn palace. The floors changed from the hardwood to white marble floors with swirls of gold. Two large stair cases were the backdrop for a stunning grand piano, It was made from the same mahogany that the stairs were made of. It seemed to give the room a fairy tale feel.

My stomach cramped with hunger causing me to snap back to my mission at hand. In between the two staircases I saw another archway. I didn't remember going downstairs so I crossed under the archway and was greeted with the sight of a large living room. More fancy furniture decorated the room. It looked like it came right out of a magazine.

After a few more twist and turns I was greeted with the sight of a kitchen. Throwing open the refrigerator door, I grabbed the orange juice and drank straight out of the jug. Placing that on the counter I dug around in the fridge for something to actually eat.

I pulled out some fancy looking sandwich meat and lettuce. There were glass jars on the door that had letters etched into them. Locating what seemed to be mayo and mustered, I put them all on the counter. Unfortunately for me I couldn't find the key ingredient for a sandwich, bread.

I easily gave up on the bread when my stomach growled again in hunger. Jumping up on the counter I flipped the jars open and rolled the meat up.

I think it was roast beef but the second it touched my tongue I moaned. I don't remember food tasting so god damn good. Before I knew it I had mayo covering my fingers and the package of meat was gone. Licking my lips I took another swig of the orange juice.

Sliding off the counter I went to open the fridge again when a hand caught my wrist. My heart stuttered then burst into a full out gallop. I stared wide eyed at the hand that was attached to my arm. The second I saw the tattoos I felt a wave of relief wash over me. It was only Jameson, not him.

It was Jameson.

The wave of relief that had washed over me turned into a brick wall that hit me full force. I went to pull my wrist free only for him to keep a gentle grip on it. His thumb gently grazed over the sensitive skin on my wrist, causing a shiver to shoot up my spine. I wasn't for sure what all the emotions were that were racing through my system. But when my eyes connected with his another jolt went through my body. His eyes were hooded as he brought one of my fingers to his lips.

I wanted so badly to look away but I couldn't seem to. My breath caught in my throat when he captured one of my fingers between his lips. His tongue wrapped around the tip of my finger and sucked on it softly. A little noise escaped my throat as he released my finger, only to suck the next finger into his mouth.

This time the panic seemed to dull only to be replaced by an unknown emotion that shot through me like lightning. His thumb caressed down my arm to the underside of my elbow. The panic melted away completely as he released the last finger. He placed a chaste kiss on the palm of my hand.

"Mo chroí" he murmered against my palm.

Emotions swirled inside me as he continued to place delicate kisses on my palm. "I'm sorry if I scared you before."

My heart seemed to beat as fast as humming bird's wings as he spoke. His lips left a fiery trail as his lips trailed down to my wrist.

"You're just so enticing" He whispered against the soft skin of my wrist. My pulse beating widely under his lips.

"I'm but a moth. And you, Mo chroí, are the brightest flame I have ever seen."

I couldn't understand why my body was reacting in such a way. Why there was suddenly a spark, that had never been there before. My eyes slipped closed as I felt his teeth skim over my wildly beating pulse.

"The bread, It's in the cabinet." My eyes flicked opened and I was greeted with a sight that seemed to have me scrambling.

The inside of the refrigerator. 

Don't forget to Vote and Comment 

X.o.X.o.

P.H.B.