Chapter 41: The Graduation Party - Part II

Start from the beginning

I run to my dad and grab his phone, for the first time getting a glimpse of Courtney. It doesn't even look like her. Her face is swollen and bleeding with a large gash across her upper jaw. She's drenched and blood is all over her face. Her top is off and appears to be tied tightly around her foot.

"Oh my god" my hands cover my mouth in shock as I cry.

"I know Gabs... run!"

I run.  I run so fast I don't even think as I do it.  I take the woods, knowing I can get to the edge quicker if I take the old trail, which I know doesn't have blood on it.  I get to the edge of the forrest in record time, motioning for the ambulance to take he old road that is partially hidden by brush.  It pushes straight through it. 

"Gabby what's going on?!"  Mrs. Parker runs from her backyard.

"It's Jax and Court!  You need to come quick!  Don't take your car because the ambulance won't be able to get out!"

"Oh god!" She instantly begins to cry, not even knowing what's happened. 

I leave her, running back through the woods as fast as I can, back to my friends.  I can hear the police cars with their sirens following the ambulance.  They whiz past me.  Red and blue light my way as I run until I can barely breathe. 

When I finally break through the brush again I find the EMTs hovering over Jax, Courtney remains right where I left her, my Dad talking to a police officer.

"Dad?"

His glance moves to me, he frowns, tears filling his eyes as he shakes his head no.  She's gone.

I go to run to her as I sob but my dad grabs me by my waist, holding me back.  I scream at him to free me.  I want to be with her.  She's lying there all alone.

"It's a crime scene Gabby.  Stay here."

"No! Court no!" I collapse into him.  "No!"

He pets my hair and clings to me tightly.  I feel like I no longer have control of my limbs.  I drop to dirt floor and cover my head as they lift Jax's cot into the ambulance. 

"Alfie!" I cry out.

Dad bends down to me, clutching my face in his hands. "You did a good job Gabs, he's breathing.  They think he will be okay.  I need you to stay calm.  I need to stay but I'm going to call mom to take you to the hospital."

"They can't just leave her there!" I motion to Courtney's lifeless body.  She's half naked.  "Can't they cover her?  People are going to start running out here!"

"They will stop people from getting in.  Just stay calm.  Nothing else you can do here okay?  Stay calm, stay strong for Jax, he's going to need you."

I nod my head yes as he takes his thumbs and wipes my tears.  "Dad who would do that to her?  Everyone loves Court, who would do that?! We were just with her!"

His eyes wander around the clearing as he presses his lips together.  "I don't know Gabby... I really don't."

Screams behind me jolt my head back.  My dad lets me go and quickly grabs Mrs. Parker before she gets to Courtney.

The Tattooed Devil Wears ChucksOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara