16

16

"all I want is the taste that your lips allow."

~ Ed Sheeran

----------------------------------------

Luke:

I took her to the opera first. Since that was the most famous building in Sydney I thought that would be a good start. She looked so cute in her light orange dress, her skin glowed in the sun. A constant smile was on her face and I was glad that whatever had depressed her this morning was away now and she seemed happy. I still wondered what my mum told her that made her cry but I knew better than to ask and make everything worse. So I just focused on making this a great day for her. And so far it seemed to work, she was fascinated by the beautiful building and I was fascinated by her beauty. I couldn't stop staring at her while she took picture after picture of the famous opera.

Suddenly she turned around and looked back at me and I had to hold myself back to not kiss her right then and there. Her lips were so inviting it was killing me. "Lukey, we need to take a picture together in front of the opera." She wanted a picture with me? "Ehm...yeah, sure?"

She immediately dragged me towards another tourist and asked him if he could take a picture. I was impressed by the fact that she just could talk to everyone without being shy. The stranger answered with a deep French accent: "Sure, cherie. A photo avec this guy or without?" I didn't like him at all. He was looking at her as if she was a piece of meat and he'd love to eat her, he was flirting with her and probably thought his stupid French accent would make her weak in the knees. I put my arm around her waist and pulled her close to me. She was mine. Well she wasn't really but I didn't care about that at the moment. The jealousy made me want to punch this arrogant guy and yell at him that he should better stop looking at her like that if he wanted to live on. I was shocked by myself, I've never felt something like that towards someone. She drove me crazy...

"Of course with him, please." I couldn't stop the smug grin on my face at her words. See, stupid French guy, she likes me better than you. She lead me to the front of the opera and leaned into my side, my arm still around her waist and smiled towards the camera. Stupid French guy took some pictures and returned the phone to Em. She thanked him and we looked through the pictures:

The first one was her smiling towards the camera and me smiling down at her lovingly. The second was us doing silly faces. The third and probably my favourite one was her, standing on her tiptoes and kissing my cheek while I was blushing and smiling like an idiot.

After the opera I showed her some more famous places of Sydney and in the end we went to the beach. It was a sunny day, not too warm but also not too cold, and there weren't that many people at the beach. I felt sweaty and my feet hurt from all the walking and so I couldn't wait to get into the fresh, cool water. I stripped out of my tank top and waited for her to get out of her dress. She looked at me, suddenly getting shy, as if she was scared of what I'd think about her body. I moved towards her and took her small form into my arms. "You are beautiful. I'll wait for you in the water, come whenever you're ready, baby girl." With that I let her go, turned around and walked towards to water. The water cooled my body down and calmed my thoughts. She shouldn't be shy around me, I wouldn't hurt her. Hell, we had a wonderful day, we talked a lot and laughed about everything. I cracked her shell and she let me in, let me see her real self, I couldn't let her go back behind the walls. I was lost in my thoughts until I felt a small hand on my back. As I turned around my breath hitched in my throat. There she stood, the water gently floating around her, in a dark blue bikini. She looked so beautiful but still I frowned at her because her arms were crossed in front of her stomach, as if she didn't wanted me to see her. I grabbed her arms and moved them away from her stomach and put them around my neck.

My hands went to her hips and I wanted to lift her up but I immediately let go when she hissed in pain. "Baby girl, what's up? Did I hurt you? Shit, I'm so sorry!" She lowered her gaze and shook her head. "It wasn't you that hurt me there, it was me..." She looked back up at me and her green eyes were hooded with tears. "What do you mean, Em? I don't understand." She took her hands from my neck and slightly pushed her bikini pants down. A sob escaped my lips as I saw the scars on her skin. The contrast of her milky skin and the aggressive cuts was somehow fascinating, in a cruel way. A tear escaped from my eyes as I looked at the marks of struggle on the skin of the love of my life. It was so different to just hear from the scars than to actually see them, it made everything more real, scarier.

I pulled her pants back up, put her hands back around my neck and carefully lifted her up so her legs were around my waist and I could carry her further into the water. I promised myself then, that I would try to protect her from everything that hurt her, that I'd always be there for her. The ends of her hair were touching the water and she pressed herself closer to me and buried her head in the space where my neck and shoulder met. "You shouldn't cry about me, Lukey", she whispered quietly but I still heared it and immediately lifter her chin up with my fingers so she was looking into my eyes.

"Don't say that, Em! I care for you and you are so important to me. It makes me sad to see you hurt and if I could I'd take all the pain away from you. I'd do everything to protect you from more pain. It pains me to know that you think that you're not worth anything and that you're not beautiful because you are. Damn Emily you are stunning and so strong. I'm fascinated by your beauty and I admire your ability to still smile over all the pain. I know that you're not used to someone being there for you because you always look out for the others but nobody's here for you but I'm here for you now, baby girl! I'll look after you no matter what because you are important Emily, so important."

During my whole rant I looked into her eyes and watched them getting glassy. They were full of amazement and adoration. She was so close to me, I could see all of her freckles and the crinkles by her eyes and before I could even realize it her lips were on mine. The world stopped for a moment. My heart burst in my chest as I kissed her back. Her soft lips molded perfectly with mine, we fitted together like puzzle pieces. Her hands were in my hair, while mine were supporting her by her thighs. The kiss was full of gratitude and something that I hoped was love.

Far too soon for my liking she moved away. I opened my eyes just to be met by her astonished green ones. She looked as if she couldn't believe what just had happened. She gulped and licked her lips. "Thank you, Luke. Really, thank you so much. For everything really, you saved me. I don't know where I'd be without you..." I cut her words off by another kiss. I couldn't get enough of her, I never wanted to let her go again...

After some more kisses and a water fight we were back on the beach, where she took my shirt and put it on. It was far too big on her small form and looked more like a dress on her but I loved it. I took her hand to lead her back to the street and smiled while thinking about how I could get used to that. I could get used to her being mine...

--------------------------------------------

first kiss. *_*

what did you think about the chapter??

vote, comment or share please.

love youu loads. j'.