17

17

"When your soul finds the soul it was waiting for, when someone walks into your heart through an open door. when your hand finds the hand it was meant to hold, don't let go. someone comes into your world, suddenly your world has changed forever. no there's no one else's eyes, that could see into me. no one else's arms can lift, lift me up so high. your love lifts me out of time and you know my heart by heart."

~ Demi Lovato

-----------------------------------------

Emily:

I could hear the faint sound of a song and a voice I knew through my sleep but I successfully ignored it so I could sleep on. If I could sleep this well, might as well sleep a lot. The annoying sounds grew louder and someone was shaking me. "Em...Baby girl. Please, you need to get up. We have to go to school..." I groaned and mumbled something like "5 minutes" while turning around. I wasn't a morning person, not at all, since I mostly didn't sleep much and not very well I was never in a good mood in the morning and I was only open to conversation after tea and a cold shower. The voice kept on talking to me, trying to wake me up. "Please, Em. I'm really sorry to wake you up but you have to. Come on." I felt a pair of lips on my temple and then they were on my cheek. I rolled over, smiling and opened my eyes to be met with his light blue ones. Yeah, I could get used to waking up like this.

"Morning, sunshine. Ready for school?" I just buried my head back into his pillow. Why was he in such a good mood in the morning? "No! No, please don't fall back to sleep." I forced myself to lift my head again so I could look at him, he looked so hot with his messy morning hair and just his boxers on. His smile brightened the day and even made it worth getting up in the morning. "What time is it even?? Luuuukeey, wanna sleep some moore." I whined and he just chuckled. "It's 7 in the morning and we need to leave in half an hour, sleepyhead. So if you're not getting up by yourself I have to help out a bit here..." Immediately his arms lifted me up like I weighed nothing and he carried me down the stairs. I cuddled into his strong arms but far too soon he let me down again. A cup of tea and some bread were placed in front of me and we quietly ate breakfast...

His school was similar to ours: Halls with classrooms to the right and left, some lockers in between, many people walking to their classes, the jocks in their stupid school jackets, the cheerleaders in their uniforms were sticking out here and there. Also there were some couples sucking each others faces off, nothing special. Lukes first class was Maths (the worst in the beginning) but we were a bit early so I decided to go to the toilet first. As I headed back to his locker I saw a crowd that stood around Lukes locker and a deep voice that said: "So, Lukey-boy, where is your partner hm? Did she already abandoned you? Weren't good enough for her, were you? Such a loser." I fought my way through the people that stood there and was met by a scene I wished I would never had to see: Luke, held by his shirt, pressed against his locker by one of the jocks with black hair. A scared expression on his face and as his eyes met mine another emotion appeared in his eyes: shame. He was ashamed of the situation?! My blood was boiling, how dare this guy touch my precious Luke!

I didn't even realize that I walked over to the jock-guy and lightly tapped his shoulder. He slowly turned around with a confused expression. He probably wasn't used to someone interrupting his beatings. "Listen, asshole! Let him down!" My voice was calm but cold as ice, my hands were in fists at my sides and I kept biting my lips. The guy just laughed. "And who do you think you are to tell me such things, pretty lady?" Pretty lady! He had the fucking guts to call me pretty lady. Josh had always called me that. In the same arrogant voice as this guy. He must have realized that he said something wrong because he slowly let Luke down and turned his whole attention towards me. I was shaking because of my anger and I really tried to hold it in and stay calm but I couldn't, I had held everything back for too long and this was the last thing I needed to snap. The volcano exploded. "I am his project partner, or actually I am his girlfriend and you, you oh, so tough guy, who are you to treat him like this?! How dare you saying such things to him, when he did nothing wrong? Just because he isn't playing footie or whatever shitty sport you guys play, isn't he as good as you or what? He doesn't deserve to smile, to have friends or to live because of that? How sick are you!? What is it that makes you pick on him? Because you're jealous? You have your own problems and don't know how to deal with them so you just let them out on him? Tell me, what is it? What makes you to such a fucking low asshole?" I couldn't stop, it felt so good to let all the anger out, so I turned to the crowd and went on: "And you guys you aren't better at all. Hell, does none of you has some guts to stand up and defend him? If you were in his place wouldn't you wish for someone to help you? But you just walk on, as if nothing happens. What the fuck is wrong with all of you??!" I breathed as if I just ran a marathon and everybody looked at me with open mouths. I guess they didn't expect a small girl like me to have so much anger in her. The jock-guy looked at me, gulped, turned to Luke, mumbled a quiet "sorry, man" and walked away. Luke's jaw fell and after all the other "viewers" walked away too with thoughtful expressions on their faces he immediately went to hug me. "Baby girl... that was... just... thank you so much. Nobody ever stood up for me. I seem like a wimp now because I let my girlfriend defend me but I don't care. You are so perfect." And then his lips were on mine and the world stopped around us. I loved how it felt to kiss him, sparks were all over my body and my heart stopped for a moment. He put the air back in my lungs, with him I could breathe again, he made a warmth spread in my body, I felt alive again when he kissed me. Everything felt easier and life was somehow better with him by my side.

"HA! You all owe me twenty pounds! I knew it!" We pulled apart and watched Syd doing a happy dance. "What are you doing Syd? On what did you bet?" She laughed as she put her arms around Amy and Lilly. "You see, I said that you two are gonna be together already by today, which is obviously the truth, while those two said you weren't gonna be together already. And so I just won 40 pounds." Luke and I both laughed. This was how I knew Syd, crazy and up for everything. "So Em, I expect to tell me all the details later and Luke, you know what I told you..." I frowned and looked up at Luke, who was blushing but nodding firmly. "Oh and Em, you go girl! Nice speech you gave to this guy." "Sure thing, need to protect my boyfriend, don't I?" Luke squeezed my hip while we walked towards Maths. I loved this. The feelings he triggered in me. The fact that I could call him my boyfriend. Him. I loved him...

As lunch period came around I started with my mission to find some friends for Luke. "So Lukey. Where do you normally sit at lunch?" "Ehmm... Just somewhere, where nobody sits?" "See, we need to change that. You'll never get friends like that! So today we're gonna sit with somebody. They can't all be ignorant assholes, there have to be some nice people around here..." I looked around the crowded place and then my eyes set on a guy that sat alone at one of the tables in the back. He was currently typing something on his phone so his curly, brown hair would have fallen into his eyes if there wasn't a red bandana around his head. He wore a black tank top and had some pretty fit arms. "You know that guy there with the red bandana?", I asked Luke and his eyes immediately found the guy I was talking about. "Not really... I think he's a year over me." "Great! He seems nice! We're sitting with him!" I already dragged him towards the bandana-guy while he tried to protest. "Em, it's okay, he probably doesn't want to sit with me..." But I wasn't having it and just dragged him on.

"Hi! Sorry to bother you but is it okay if we sit here?", I asked the boy and he immediately looked up from his phone and smiled at me. His brown-green eyes were kind and his voice was deep with an even heavier accent then Luke as he answered: "Sure." "Thanks. I'm Emily by the way and this is Luke." "Great to meet you. Well I think I know you Luke, you're at this school, right? You have a different accent though, Emily, so I assume you're not from here. Anyway, I'm Ashton." I nudged Luke and he stuttered some sentences out: "Y-yeah. I-I'm here in school too, a year under you I think. And Em, s-she is from England, s-so the UK. She is my project partner and is visiting me..."

At that moment two other guys sat down at the table and I felt Luke tense even more and holding my hand even tighter. One guy had short, black hair and dark, brown eyes. He was quite tan and was laughing at something the other guy said. He had a nice laugh. The other guy had dyed white hair with one black stripe in it. He was paler and looked more like the shy type of guy. Their conversation immediately stopped as they sat down and they stared at me and Luke with confusion and interest in their eyes. "Guys, stop staring, that's rude! These are Luke and Emily. Luke and Emily these two idiots are Calum and Michael." We shared some smiles, nods and "nice to meet you's". "You guys are together?", Michael asked and received a slap on the back of his head by Calum. "You can't just ask that, man!" I just laughed and answered: "No worries. Yes, we are."

We continued to talk, first it was mostly me answering the curious guys questions but Luke slowly started to relax and started to participate in the conversation. As Luke mentioned that he played the guitar, I swear the guys faces lit up and they stated that they played the drums (Ashton), the bass (Calum) and the guitar (Michael). Soon the four boys were deep into a conversation about music, their favourite bands and they realized that they had a lot in common with Luke. I just sat there, listening to them and felt proud that Luke finally found some cool friends with a little help of me...

----------------------------------------------

Hiyaaaaa! Here it is: chapter 17 (can't believe it's already the 17th. :O)

Anyway, how did you like it?

vote, comment or share please.

love you j'.