Chapter fourty eight

Yusuf's POV.

She laid on the bed as her warm hands not once left mine. The fear of her disappearing kept lurking into my mind every time my hand relaxed, i would tense again to grab hold of her tighter.

"I missed you" were the first words that left her mouth once Mariam and Masin left the room for abit. Looking at her, nothing about her changed from the last time i saw her.

Her mesmerising green eyes still forced the speed in which my heart beat to increase. Bringing our hand up I kissed each and every single knuckle that she had.

"I missed you more, and I'm sorry that i could not have found you sooner" she closed her eyes and shook her head. As she opened her eyes a small smile crept onto her face. That same smile that always reassured me where my happiness was.

However, the moment she opened her eyes i realised the smile that she tried so hard to comfort me with did not reach her eyes.

What i saw in her eyes was sadness, sadness of what she had been through, sadness of what might happen.

"Its okay I will never allow anything to happen to you ever again" upon hearing those words I saw tears escaping her eyes. They ran down the side of her cheeks.

Then i did what i usually did, i kissed every single tear drop, until all her mind could think about was me.

As she told me one time, all her heart needs to reciprocate were my lips.

"I know that i came late, i know that you went through a lot during those years that you were there, however i will never let a hair on your head get harmed by anything, ever again." After hearing what i had to say she closed her eyes and seconds later started to nod her head.

"Can you lay next to me?" She says as she moves her body to one side of the bed. Not bothering to give her an answer i felt my body already replying to her as i got up slowly took my jacket of and got into bed with her.

Its been so long that i haven't been in the same bed as Ayah that once i felt her familiar hands lay perfectly on my chest, my heart beat started to escalate.

Looking at Ayah her long lashes covered up some parts of her green eyes. As she remained looking at my lips, as if suddenly her eyes were to shy to make contact with mine.

Our eyes which yearned to speak with one another for many years now that they have finally met, stuttering was all that it was capable to do, as once in a while well lock eyes to again stare somewhere else.

Her hair lay perfectly on her cheeks, looking at her i felt the same familiar feeling that i use to have, my obsession was slowly making its way into my mind.

I remembered how even her hair made me jealous because i knew that when she was nervous she would get a small section and rub it on her lips.

Those lips that i use to cherish everyday became no longer visible to me. Moving my hands upwards i started to remove the strands of hairs that were on her neck and cheeks as they repeatedly teased me. As i replaced my lips on them instead.

My lips slowly made its way up from her neck to meet its queen, the queen that was currently singing in my ear as if she was in an orchestra and the trails that my lips left were the concertmaster.

Just when i was inches away from her lips, i could feel those soft lips touching my cheeks, telling me to hurry up and connect. As if this connection will sooth every ache and pain we both felt. As if this connection was all our hearts needed to finally feel at ease.

Just when i felt our lips brush one another, a beeping noise came from my left side, at first i tried to ignore it, however when i realised what it could be i quickly got up and looked at Amal.

Amals heart machine shows that her heart was beating abnormally fast. Looking around i was trying to find the button to call the doctors, but the panic in what could happen to her shaded everything around me.

"Just go find them" were the words that came out of Ayah, just as she finished her sentence i quickly ran and started to find the doctor, luckily he nor Masin werent that far.

"Whats wrong Yusuf" were the first words that came out of Masins mouth once he saw the look on my face.

"There is something wrong with Amal..." and just like that we all ran back into the room. Once we got back everything was still the same. Two nurses came along as the doctor told them what to do. They started to check Amal.

At one point they even injected her with something, not long after the injection her heart beat dropped dramatically then suddenly, everything just stopped.

Everyone looked at the doctor then back at Amal, Masin ran up to Amal and started to shake her to wake her up. But her body lay motionless.

"Im sorry..." but before the doctor could say anything else Masin looked at him and started to shout.

"You better dl everything in your power because if anything happens to her you will not see the next day"

A/N: sorrrryyyy if there is more gramatic errors, just felt line publishing something.

Do check out his obsession if you loved this chapter, as it is the main boom for Ayah and Yusuf.

And do follow my instagram page where i post a lot of poems that you might love @alawadrawia