»Chapter 19«

I woke up with my head on Matt's shoulder. He was still asleep. I sat up and went up to my bedroom. I changed into athletic shorts and a tie-dyed t-shirt. I went into the bathroom and looked in the mirror. I gasped at how bad my hair looked. It was all over the place. I brushed it out really well and left it down. I went back downstairs and went into the kitchen. I made a bowl of cereal and ate. After that, I went back in the living room to check on Matt. He was still asleep, so I got on my phone. I went on Vine and decided to make a video. I pressed record.

"And here lies a sleeping Matthew Espinosa!" I said putting the camera in front of his face.

I moved it to show my face and started laughing.

"Let's see how I'm gonna wake him up." I winked at the camera.

The six seconds were up, and I posted the video. He was still fast asleep. Nothing a little SMACK CAM couldn't fix. I smirked and went into the kitchen. I opened up the refrigerator and found the whipped cream. I put a whole lot in my hand and walked over to Matt. I turned on the camera and had it towards my face.

"Smack cam!" I said as it started recording.

I stopped it and flipped the camera to Matt. Then I started recording again. I walked toward him and smacked him really hard on the cheek. He shot up off the couch. I bursted out into laughter and the time was up. I hurriedly posted it and fell on the floor laughing.

"That's not funny!" Matt said laughing.

"You're laughing!" I exclaimed.

"You got me. Now get off the floor!" he grabbed my hands and helped me up. "What do you wanna do today, babe?"

"Well, I was thinking we could go to the pool." I said.

"Sure." he agreed.

"Wait. Do you have a suitcase?" I asked.

"Yea. I just didn't get it out of the car yet." he laughed.

"Go get it then! I'm gonna go change." I laughed and went upstairs.

I decided to just wear the same swimsuit I had worn yesterday. I threw it on and laid my clothes on the bed neatly. I threw my hair up in a messy bun and went back down the stairs. Matt was ready. I grabbed the sunscreen from the laundry room and went into the living room. I applied the sunscreen, and then Matt borrowed some. I grabbed two towels, my phone, and my legs. I slipped on my flip flops, and we headed out. He raced me, and I even gave him a head start. In the end, I beat him. We jumped over the gate and sat our things on the table. Once I sat my stuff down, he picked me up bridal style and started walking to the deep end of the pool.

"This is what you get for beating me." he said jumping in with me in his arms.

"Matt!" I laughed when we came up.

"That's what you get." he laughed and kissed me.

I pulled away and splashed him. He flipped me backwards. I screamed and went under.

"What was that for?!" I asked.

"For not kissing me so you could splash me!" he pouted.

"I kissed you, though!" I defended myself.

"For only a second." he added.

"Fine. Come here." I rolled my eyes and smiled.

We reached each other and kissed. He was so silly. After a minute, we pulled away.

"That's better." he smiled.

"Whatever." I laughed. "Let's play some music!"

I got out of the pool and made a playlist. The first song that played was Sorry by Justin Bieber. Once the song got to the chorus, I was in the pool, and Matt and I started singing.

"Is it too late now to say sorry?" I sang along.

"Cause I'm... missing your than just your body!" Matt hugged me from behind.

"Is is too late now to say sorry?" we sang together.

"Yea, I know oh, oh, that I let you down! Is it too late to say I'm sorry now?" I laughed.

I turned around, and he picked me up and spun around. I was laughing. He put me down, and we started dancing around in the pool. We kept on singing and dancing. It was so much fun.

"Is it too late now to say sorry?" I kept singing.

"Cause I'm... missing more than just your body." he sang.

"Is it too late now to say sorry? Yea I know oh, oh, that I let you down. Is it too late to say I'm sorry now?" I was laughing now.

"I'm not just tryna get you back on me. Oh, no no. Cause I'm... missing more than just your body." he sang.

"Is it too late now to say sorry?" I sang.

"Yea, I know oh, oh, that I let you down. Is it too late to say I'm sorry now?" he laughed.

The song went on and on. Finally, it ended. We still danced around like total idiots to a bunch of other songs. Hours later, it was the afternoon. We had skipped lunch. We had gotten out of the pool and were laying out on the chairs. I was looking at Instagram, and he was doing his thing.

"Do you want to head back?" I asked.

"Sure." he replied.

We got up and got all our things. We jumped over the gate and headed down the road. I was having so much fun. I was glad we were back together, and I was glad he was here. We got back to the house and showered and changed into different clothes. Matt and I were sitting on the couch, and he had his arm around me. Then my phone went off. It was a text from Nash.

From Nash: I miss you, babe!

I gasped once I read it and dropped my phone. Matt could've read that message. My heart started racing. I hoped he didn't read it.

"What's the matter?" he asked and picked up my phone.

He started reading it before I even had the thought to snatch it away. I saw his jaw clench. He slowly looked over at me.

"I- I can explain!" I stuttered.

"Why is Nash calling you 'babe'?" he asked holding up my phone.

"I don't know! He just- ah-" I actually couldn't explain it.

"I knew I shouldn't have trusted you! You've hooked up with both of the Grier's!" he yelled.

"Don't you dare accuse me!" I fumed.

"It's the truth!" he threw my phone on the ground.

"I DELETED THE PICTURES OF ME KISSING HAYES!" I was so pissed.

"YEA! NOW YOU'RE HOOKING UP WITH NASH!" he glared at me.

"I AM NOT! EVERY TIME I GET A TEXT OR TWEET OR WHATEVER, YOU START AN ARGUMENT!" I was starting to get a headache.

"YOU'RE MY GIRLFRIEND!" he yelled.

"TAKE WHATS YOURS AND JUST GET OUT! JUST GO!" It hurt to say that.

Without a word, he started to walk towards me. He picked me up and started walking out the door. I then realized what had happened. He put my back on my feet next to his car.

"Matthew." I said trying not to laugh.

"You said take what's mine." he explained. "Forgive me?"

"Do not start anything like that again. Do you hear me?" I demanded. "And don't you dare accuse me of hooking up with someone ever again."

"I promise." he nodded.

"Good." I said.

"So, we're cool?" he asked, looking a little nervous.

"Yea." I felt better now that all that was cleared up.

His eyes lit up, and he kissed me. I kissed back. When he pulled away, we went back inside. I was glad we were still together, but I wasn't 100% sure I could trust him. He is going to have to gain that trust back.