Chapter 33 // The Next Step?

Leaving your room, you had a joyous smile planted onto your face; you felt as if nothing could ruin your mood. You shut the door with a little spin, and walked down to the kitchen. Honestly, you felt too happy to eat, but decided to anyway.

"What happened? Why are you so happy?" Rogers asked, his face lightling up with the sudden change in mood. Smiling, you replied, "I'm in a really good mood." "Maybe you can help, Loki." You heard Loki hum. "Y/N's really happy, know why?" You turned back, smiling hugely as your cheeks warmed up a little. "I can't help you there." He replied, looking to you. He smiled, slightly amused, as his eyebrows came together and rose.

You hummed a song that you had recently heard, and listened as his footsteps getting closer excited you. "Happy?" He asked, sarcastically. You hummed a little laugh, looking over to him for a moment, and nodded. "What happened?" He asked, smiling at your mood. "Something..." You led on, walking over and sitting at the table.

He followed, sitting next to you, "Well... would you like to share?" "Maybe." You told him. He squinted for a second, "Interesting." As you ate the small amount of food you had for breakfast, Loki kept asking you questions - his cheeks, over time, growing pink.

Moments later, the two of you sat with Rogers and watched the brain boring tv. You weren't really paying attention though, you were too busy thinking about last night, but Loki looked as if he was trying to figure out what was happening. Natasha soon entered the room, and you popped your head up, looking to her with a huge smile.

She smiled back, asking what you were doing. Jumping up off of your seat, you left the two and went and walked with her; not saying a word. "Are you not going to tell me?" She asked, as you both looked forward. "I will." You smiled, happily but nervously.

After she had eaten, you took her into the furthest corner of the room and whispered to her. Biting your lip, you started, "I do... you know, him." Her eyes widened, a grin creeping up, as you explained how you figured it out - telling her about what happened after he left your room. "You like Lo-" You shushed her to be more quiet, incase anyone heard. "You like Loki?" She whispered. Covering your mouth, you nodded. "I knew it!" She muttered, telling you how obvious it had been to her. You screamed quietly, freaking out like a Midgardian from one of the Avengers shows.

You asked her what you should do. "Tell him?" She suggested. "Wh- what?" You stuttered, "I can't... can I? What if I ruin our friendship?" You worried. "But, he kissed you back." Natasha mentioning it, made the top of your ears warm. "What if he doesn't want to be like... that?" "You mean in a relationship?" She asked, suddenly making you clear your throat. "I- I-..." Her putting your words like that made you feel embarrassed and nervous, so you stuttered through your jumble of words; not making any sense. "I think you should. It'll be good, and quite clearly, you both are very close and pretty alike with your... skills?"

You hadn't thought this far ahead. You wondered about it though, it didn't seem like a bad idea. Beside having the chance of him turning you down and you ruining the treasured friendship you both shared.

Shaking your head, you shrugged in defeat. "I don't know..." You frowned slightly, your smile soon returning remembering your kiss. "Take your time." Natasha smiled, and the two of you walked back over to everyone else - Rogers, Clint and Thor seemed to have an early morning mission on their hands.