11

"I swear, I left him right here." Loki says as we stand in the middle of a human city. This place is strange, everything is very ugly.

"Right here on the sidewalk? Or right there, where the building's being demolished? Great planning." Thor asks.

"How was I supposed to know? I can't see into the future. I'm not a witch." Loki says. I grin.

"Then why did you dress like one?" I ask. Thor smiles and subtly high fives me.

"Hey." Loki says.

"I can't believe you're alive. I saw you die. I mourned you, I cried for you." Thor suddenly says. The same anger begins to build up in me.

"We both did." I say. Loki gives me a more sentimental look. Something begins to happen around Loki's feet.

"What's this, what are you doing!?" Thor asks.

"This... isn't me. Is it you?" Loki asks me. I shake my head. Before I can say anything, Loki falls through the sidewalk and vanishes. In his place is a card stating where he went.

"Loki?" I ask. I bend down and pick up the card. Thor and I approach the place on the card, 177A Bleecker Street. Suddenly, we appear inside the building. I look around in confusion.

"Thor Odinson. Aurora Odindottir. God of Thunder, Goddess of Life." A man in a cape says, walking toward us. "You can put down the umbrella." I watch as Thor puts down the umbrella, and when we look back up, we're in a different furnished room.

"So Earth has wizards now?" I ask as Thor and I sit down in two high-backed chairs.

"The preferred term is 'Master of the Mystic Arts.'" The man says.

"Alright wizard, who are you? Why should I care?" Thor asks him.

"My name is Doctor Stephen Strange and I have some questions for both of you." He says. "Tea?" A cup of tea appears in both Thor and I's hands.

"I don't drink tea." Thor says.

"I do." I say, taking a sip.

"What do you drink?" Strange asks Thor.

"Not tea." Thor says. I roll my eyes at him. A large stein of beer now rests in Thor's hand. Even though he continues to drink it, the glass always manages to stay full.

"So I keep a watch list of individuals and beings from other realms that may be a threat to this world. Your adopted brother Loki is one of these beings." Strange says.

"That is understandable. He's a worthy inclusion." I say, taking a sip of my tea.

"And I've been studying you. If your brother Thor decides not to take the throne, you are the next ruler of Asgard, correct?" Strange asks.

"That was the plan my mother had. But, that all depends on what Thor decides." I say. Thor looks over at me.