8

The next few hours are spent waiting for Thor and Loki to return. We all hope that only news of victory will return with them. I lay on one of the couches with my head in Fandral's lap. He twirls my blonde hair between his fingers. Sif sits sharpening her swords, Heimdall sits and stares off at nothing, most likely watching over the people in the universe.

The doors finally open to reveal an Asgardian guard. I quickly sit up and look at him.

"You're being freed by the Allfather's orders upon Prince Thor's return." He says. We all quickly stand and I grab Fandral's hand. We rush to the throne room to see Thor standing inside. He turns around to see me and immediately gets a pained look on his face.

"Where's Loki?" I ask him. He opens his mouth to try and say something, but simply just shakes his head. Fandral wraps his arms around me from behind as I take in what Thor just says. "No, no he can't be."

"I'm sorry, Aurora. I tried to save him." Thor says. "But he's gone."

...
A long time after
...

Things on Asgard have finally gotten back to normal. Today is the day of my wedding, a day that a wish both my mother and my brother could attend.

I stand in one of the grand rooms of the golden palace with Sif and some of my other friends. Sif is my maid of honor for the day, she's been by my side since this morning.

"We have your gown ready for you, Aurora." She tells me. I smile at her.

"Why don't you have it brought here? My hair is almost finished. I will be ready to put it on quite soon." I say. She nods.

"As you wish." She says. As my hair is finished, the gown arrives. It takes many people and some magic to hold it up over my head. Slowly and carefully, the dress is lowered down and slipped over me. The bodice is tied tightly and I slip on my shoes.

As the final touch, an extremely long veil is pinned under my diamond tiara

As the final touch, an extremely long veil is pinned under my diamond tiara. The maids in the room carefully lay the end of the veil on the floor. Sif takes my hands and smiles at me.

"You are absolutely beautiful, Aurora." She says. Tears well up in both of our eyes.

"I am so glad you're here with me today Sif. I wouldn't have wanted anyone else." I tell her. She gently hugs me, then takes my hand.

"Come on, your love is waiting." She says. She then walks with me out of the room and down the hall with the rest of the bridal party following shortly behind.