I cant believe you.

~5:30pm. 30 minutes to go~

Aria's P.O.V

I was on cloud nine, Ezra asking me out was like a dream, especially after the events that happened prior to that day. I was scared out of my mind to go home after leaving his house, afraid that Dean would find me and abuse me again. So instead I hit the main shopping district and picked an outfit that was classy and equally as sexy to wear for my date with Ezra.

I'd picked a navy halter neck dress that flowed to the floor and had slits up my leg, as well as a small cut out on my chest. I had my silver Manolo heals on and my diamond bracelet that Ezra had gotten me on my birthday years ago.

Now I was just putting the final touches on, fixing my hair and checking my purse before I had to head out.

I was so excited, more excited then I'd like to admit. Maybe this really was a new beginning for Ezra and I. I couldn't believe that he'd asked me out still, or the fact that this was actually happening. I wanted to make this work, and I knew that Ezra was still holding on to something, but I felt like lately that not pressing on it could work. He will eventually tell me. I know it. I had to believe it is possible.

If I don't then there's no point in trying this again, and no point in feeling this way for Ezra anymore. I really did need answers about us, it's so hard to understand what you don't know.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~5:50pm. 10 minutes to go~

Ezra's P.O.V

Tonight was the night. After a whole day of anxiety and complete and utter impatience it was finally time to go and meet Aria at the restaurant.

I wonder what she's going to be wearing... I thought a little too sexually.

I stared at my tie I was wearing, trying to place where I got the stain that was on it. Why was there a stain there and how did I not notice?

I opened up my closet doors and peered in at all the suits and ties. One suit in particular seemed to trigger something I didn't want to remember.

"He's gone."

My life was already in pieces, and now my little brother was gone. The only man close enough to me to understand, and he was just... gone.

I stood back from the closet and blinked a couple times, feeling the memories consuming me once again. Before I could even reach for a drink I was so consumed with the flooding thoughts.

"He's dead." My mother said over the phone, trying to get through to my already drunk self.

"We lost the baby." Aria didn't even turn her head to look at me.

"Wesley didn't survive." The doctor looked at me in sorrow, examining if I was going to brake down and get angry or simply cry.

"It's not good between us anymore." Aria was beyond miserable at this stage, her teary eyes explained everything she was feeling. Torture. I could relate love, I really could.

"What are you doing?!" Aria screamed, her hands grabbing her hair in frustration as she cried in front of me.

"I'm sorry Ezra there's just not enough room in the department anymore." Where it all began, the day of Aria's miscarriage.

"Why can't you open up to me!?" Aria asked after weeks of silence. The miscarriage broke me. And this wasn't even near Wesley dying.

"What is wrong Ezra." After I'd gotten off the phone, Aria wrapped her arms around me from behind. I couldn't even feel her warmth anymore.

"His body had to be pulled from a lake." The news shattered me, making me as silent as a rock for the next week... Month... 3 years...

"It's just... different. Distant." Some of Arias final words to me before we parted. Why did I let her go?

"You're hurting yourself." Drink, drink, drink, drink, drink...

"How many drinks have you had today?!" Aria asked, although all I could see was a pretty blur.

"I'm sorry about your miscarriage." Hardy empathetically gave me a beer, knowing I was in need. This was becoming the worst habit of mine, especially trying to hide it from Aria. Who was I kidding, she already knew.

"Do you even know how much you mean to me?!" Aria kissed my cheek hours after we found out about our miscarriage.

"Our baby is gone Ezra and you can't even let us help each other through it!" The day after Wesley died, I hadn't told her.

"Why are you alone?" My bags were packed and I was off to California, already having a desperate lady hitting on me. I wish she wasn't desperate and was Aria instead.

"He was a sweet boy."

Every part of my life had come undone then, every single part. I didn't know how to deal with it all, Wesley dying was the cherry on top of my cake of misery. Strangely enough, nothing was worse then seeing the disappointment and pain in her eyes and knowing I couldn't do anything about it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~7:00pm. 1 hour late~

Aria's P.O.V

God how stupid I must look now. Waiting alone for Ezra who was supposed to have met me here over an hour ago. I was constantly checking my phone to see if he'd texted me to say he broke his leg or something, but no. I was officially ditched and I didn't know why, talk about pathetic.

I grabbed my purse hastily and walked as fast as I could out, not caring about all the people staring at me.

This was so humiliating. I was so angry at Ezra, how could he do this to me? He knew how much this night meant to me, and how much I wanted to make it work.

I got dressed up for nothing, and bought great clothing and jewellery just to be stood up. I even shaved for this.

The worst thing was there was this acidic feeling in my stomach because I was truly worried about Ezra. There is no way he'd do this without a good reason... Right? I mean, he must have a good reason...