Chapter 37 - It changes nothing

Start from the beginning

- "Yes, everything was great, thank you. If you could bring the check it would be perfect. I think we are all done." George responded with a polite smile.

- "Sure thing. I will be here in a minute." The well groomed server answered and moved away.

- "Well, we have to go back to work. What about you girls? Are you going home?" My mom asked looking between me and Alix.

- "Probably not. We have to make plans with the guys for the trip and talk about some stuff." Alix responded looking at me in the last part.

I pretended not to notice her stare and was saved by the waitress that came back with the bill.

After George paid we all moved outside and me and Alix said goodbye to our parents and waited for them to move away.

- "Spill it!" Alix said as soon as they got in the car. She had her arms crossed on her chest and was tapping a foot on the ground.

- "Spill what?" I said but anyone could tell I was playing dumb.

I looked at Alix who only lifted her eyebrow as if saying "really? That move?", and finally gave up.

- "Ok, ok, but can we move somewhere? I don't want to talk in front of the restaurant." I asked and she obliged.

We went to a bench nearby and sat down.

- "So I talked with Matt." I said slowly.

- "Yes? Was he ok with the fact we can't bring him along?" She asked getting closer to me waiting for an answer.

- "Well, that's the thing. He's actually coming with us, but he's going to pay for the ticket and such." I responded not saying anything about Claire yet.

- "That's cool right? Why are you so nervous about telling me this? Don't you want him to go?" She asked confused.

- "Wait. I do, but, he's not going alone." I responded calmly. I just know she's going to freak out.

- "Yes..., Harley who's going with him?" She asked expectantly.

- "Claire, Claire is going with him. Please don't freak out." I responded and prepared myself for the anger.

- "What?!! Hell fucking no! That bitch is not going to ruin our pre honeymoon! There's no way I will let her go!" She got up shouting.

I got up as well and tried to calm her down.

- "Alix, please calm down. She's not going to ruin anything. I mean, what matters is that we are there together right?" I tried to help her rationalize.

She looked at me with anger and came close to me now.

- "No, what matters is that she tried to get with you and I know she's still after you. I can see it when she looks at you Harley! I don't want her there!" She responded and whined at the end.

- "Come on Alix. I don't like the idea of her going either, believe me, but it changes nothing. I will still only have eyes for you, you will be the only one who gets to touch me." I responded and she looked at me a bit calmer.

- "Damn right I am, if she as much as tries to talk to you I will kick her in the vagina!" She responded making laugh a bit.

I stopped her, put a hand on her shoulder and the other cupped her face. I kissed her slowly, deeply and passionately for some time and held her close after that.

- "You are the only one getting this from me. For the rest of our lifes, yes? We'll just pretend she's not there." I replied while our foreheads still touched and grabbed her hand that was adorned with the ring I gave her and squeezed it comforting her.